Help !! I-485 Denied

samgc_485@yahoo said:
PL. HELP ME .
I have applied for I140 and I 485 concurrently.My I140 was cleared and I have applied for EAD and AP (for second time I never used those at all got a notice for digital photo/ thumb printing due in december ).currently I am on H1B and my wife is on H4 . I will finish my H1B / H4 (6yrs ends on April 2006) . I GOT I485 Finger printing notice but I have resheduled it by sending the application back to ASC and I have return receipt / confirmation and the copy of the covering letter that I sent along with the notice.
Now my attorney got a notice saying that my I485 got denied becasue I din't show up for the finger printing on the scheduled date or I did not
inform about the reschedule the appointement(which is not true) . now what should I do now and pl. pl. help me in answering below questions .

1) I am planning to do MTR (motion to reopen) the I485 .

2) Do any one know how much time it will take to reopen the case . undefined It takes between 2 weeks - 6mths for a case to be reopned.

3) Will I get any receipt number fot MTR ??
undefined No you won't. However, make sure you keep the fee receipt that is given to you as proof that you filed a MTR.

4) My H1b/H4 is valid till April 2006 now can I apply for 7 th year extension i.e I want to know becasue I will be reaching that pretty soon and since my I485 got denied what will effect on 7th year extension that i.e is MTR will help me ?
5)how are the chances for reopening on my case ??
undefined Based on what I've seen on this site, most cases are actually reopened without much stress especially if you provided the information that was requested. However, each person's case is unique, so no one knows.

6) Can I file new I485 again ? with the old I140 ?

7) Am i eligible to go for EAD digital photo / thumb printing and which is due in december 2005(second time renwal but never used it).

Thanks for every one's Help ,
Sam

HELP! I-400 Denied due to no Fingerprints Received

Hi everyone!

Just got a notice denying my wife's I-400. (We filed the I-400 from overseas, where we were residing until late 2004.) The notice stated the CIS sent a fingerprint notice on Aug 26, 2004 and required fingerprinting by November 14, 2004. We never got the fingerprint notice. Moreover, my wife returned to the USA in Oct 2004 and I in Dec 2004. (It is possible the notice was misplaced by the mail service as we had many months of mail waiting for us upon our return.)

Now, almost a year later we get a notice of denial. The notice stated we could file a Motion to Reopen (MTR) within 30 days.

Questions:

(1) Advice on the MTR?
(2) Odds or chances of having the I-400 reopened?
(3) Should we re-file another I-400 for saftey?
(4) Should I get a lawyer at this point to assist with the MTR?

Thanks so much!

SnoopyJohnson said:
Hi everyone!

Just got a notice denying my wife's I-400. (We filed the I-400 from overseas, where we were residing until late 2004.) The notice stated the CIS sent a fingerprint notice on Aug 26, 2004 and required fingerprinting by November 14, 2004. We never got the fingerprint notice. Moreover, my wife returned to the USA in Oct 2004 and I in Dec 2004. (It is possible the notice was misplaced by the mail service as we had many months of mail waiting for us upon our return.)

Now, almost a year later we get a notice of denial. The notice stated we could file a Motion to Reopen (MTR) within 30 days.

Questions:

(1) Advice on the MTR?
(2) Odds or chances of having the I-400 reopened?
(3) Should we re-file another I-400 for saftey?
(4) Should I get a lawyer at this point to assist with the MTR?

Thanks so much!

It would be much easier to get a lawyer's help at this point to help you survey your options objectively. Even though the process is relatively easy.

Hi ntcole !!!

ntcole said:
It would be much easier to get a lawyer's help at this point to help you survey your options objectively. Even though the process is relatively easy.

Can you tell me please for how long the FP are valid , and after how long time must be retaken ??? I did mine on November 2004 , when i should receive a new notice for the new FP ???