help help!!

h1gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am on H4 visa( valid unti 2004) and got MY EAD 2-3 months ago. I got SSN based on my EAD card. But I've not started working yet.

Do I need an AP to travel to India?

thanks for your help!!

Originally posted by h1gc
Hi

I am on H4 visa( valid unti 2004) and got MY EAD 2-3 months ago. I got SSN based on my EAD card. But I've not started working yet.

Do I need an AP to travel to India?

thanks for your help!!

If you have a valid H4 visa, are not working and your spouse holds valid H1 status (and not using EAD and AP) then you can travel with H4 visa and do not need AP.

I am quite sure you will need AP to travel to India. But speak to a lawyer if you want confirmation.

I don't think you need any AP as you never worked on EAD or your H4 visa did not expire. Did you renue your visa !!

You do not need AP to travel , if your H4 is valid and u r not using EAD to work.
My wife travelled on her H4 visa , when we visited India .She had her EAD and SSN.
Hope this helps

Do you have H4 visa stamped on your passport valid till 2004?? I don't believe you need an AP but it is good to have a back up just in case.

nkm-oct23 is right. If your spouse holds a valid H-1 and is NOT working on EAD, you can travel abroad and return on your valid H-4 visa that is stamped on your passport provided you too aren't working on an EAD. Hope that's clear.

thanks every one. I did apply for couple of jobs and gave my ssn etc., but hope that doesn't matter, does it?

I dint work. I have valid H4 visa.

H4s are dependent on H1s. If the primary beneficiary is still on valid H1 status, then read further. If not, your H4 status is not valid.

If you have a valid H4 with valid H4 stamp and have NOT used EAD to work or used AP to travel, then you can definitely travel on H4.

However, with the current situations, it is advisable to have AP.

novgcwait: Pls refrain from stating incorrect answers. Thanks.

Upstate-NY is abolutely right. We have a similar situation and my lawyer advised that unexpired H4 is fine and my wife does not require an AP.