Help! Help! Help Needed... Question regarding I129F

Jgotem1

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I'm seeking sound advice regarding an I129F application which I'm preparing to submit. My wife is Canadian and I'm a US born citizen. I want to know what kind documents that you have provided to show proof that my wife and I have met within the last 2 years. I have a number of things that I can provide like photographs, plane tickets, stamped passport from US customs. However, I'm not sure if these are acceptable items. What do you suggest? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks

Boarding passes and passport stamps are excellent pieces of evidence. Also things like credit card receipts from your wife when she was in the States and your receipts when you were in Canada. While you may submit photos, all these prove is that you have met.....but doesnt provide evidence that it was in the last 2 years. I still submitted photos, but these are classed as secondary evidence not primary.

Just a quick question though. As you are referring to her as your wife, then why are you submitting an I-129F? This is for a fiance. Though it could be the second part of a K3 visa, in which case I would still not bother with the I-129F and just let the I-130 do the business so that it turns into a CR1/IR1 instead.

Thanks for the response.....

I contacted the USCIS and they suggested that I submit an I129F to expedite process while the I130 is pending. This will allow my wife to have an interview with the US embassy in Canada. I would like the opinion of others who have been down this path? I'm I proceeding down the right path? Have anyone been through this process recently? Any legal advice is appreciated. Correction all advice are welcomed!

Thanks for the feedback.... I was getting information from this site regarding my situation and I also called the USCIS help desk. If someone can please take a look at the link posted below and share your experience. I hate to go down a road this is going to lead to a dead end. I just want to know do I really need to file an I129F, and will it speed up the process.

I really miss my wife and I want to make sure that I do not prolong our time apart.

I130 Petition Help USCIS CR1 or K3 Visa

I130 Petition Help USCIS requires the I130 petition as the first step to bring your alien wife to USA.

Spouse - If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are

•Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.
•Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:
■Petition for Alien Relative, Form 1-130; and
■Petition for Alien Fiancé (e), Form I-129F

Well, I just received an I797E from USCIS and it appears that they are requesting additional evidence. However, I'm not sure if they are requesting just a copy of my birth certificate or all pieces of evidence listed..... If someone could review the information below and shed some insight regarding this request for additional evidence would be greatly appreciated:

From USCIS below:

US Citizenship: As evidence of United States citizenship, the petioner must submit a legible copy of: a) his/her birth certificate issued by a civil authority that shows the birth was in the United States; b)his/her unexpired United States passport issued initially for a full ten year period to a citizen of the United States; c) a statement executed by a United States consular officer certifying the petitioner to be a United States citizen and the bearer of a currently valid United States passport; d) the front and back side of his/her Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship, properly signed; or e) his/her Department of State Form FS-240, Report Abroad of a citizen of the United States.

-If the petitioner was born in the US and will be submitting a birth certificate as proof of US citizenship, such must be a civilly registered long-form certificate. Abstracts of Birth and birth documents issued by hospitals are not sufficient.

In the I-129F petition, the instructions only state that one of these is needed to prove citizenship of the US, so my complete layman's guess would be one should be sufficient.