Help: H1B visa ammendment due to change of location

xygon

I have been working with a consulting firm for past 3 years on H1b at chicago office. Recently the lawyer informed me that on Part 5 of my Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129), the address of my work is Columbus, Ohio. As no other work location, even an unforeseen location is specified on said Form,I am not authorized to work elsewhere than Columbus, Ohio. Consequently, not only is a new Labor Condition Application (LCA) necessary, but a new H-1B petition must be filed since the previous petition’s I-129 form did not provide for the possibility that I may be required to work at “unanticipated locations” other than the Columbus location. The latter is necessary in order to ensure that I am legally authorized to work at his current location.

I had some questions abt the same

1. Do I need to file a new H1B petition or can I ammend my existing H1B petition or is there any other solution?
2. If I apply for new petition will it be treated as a new visa or transfer visa?
3. I have already applied for Green card procedure will this affect my Immigration petition anyway?
4. Can I travel outside of US?

Thanks!
xygon

1. amend current h1. This might not be required in most cases.

3. No effect
4.yes,aslong as you file the LCA amendment first (and get it approved)