• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help..country of eligibility error...

Ok, unfortunately you have been selected according to Asia region when your chargeability should be to Africa, so yes this will be a disqualification.
Do you know real case like this get refuse as disqualified?
I have 3 little children born in Kuwait and we live in kuwait longe time ago
My be they consider both are Arab country

Do you know real case like this get refuse as disqualified?
I have 3 little children born in Kuwait and we live in kuwait longe time ago
My be they consider both are Arab country

yes
unfortunately your children don’t change your country of eligibility and the DV rules are very clear. However if you want to go tp the interview and find out for yourself that is certainly your prerogative.
”Arab” isn’t a region for diversity visa. You can see the country assignments by region here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-program-entry/dv-2018-selected-entrants.html

Hello ,

I would like to know the status if the country of chargeability mentioned JORDAN (nationality) while birth country is OMAN ?!

what do you think , it will be refused ?!

Hello ,

I would like to know the status if the country of chargeability mentioned JORDAN (nationality) while birth country is OMAN ?!

what do you think , it will be refused ?!
Both fall under AS region, you should be ok.

Both fall under AS region, you should be ok.
Thank you for your feedback, Is there any cases did the same and they passed the interview and their case processed further ,

I see most of the people here they asked but they didn’t give their feedback .

if you know , share please the experiences

I also have one more doubts ,

there is a region quota and a country quota , that also will affect the case I believe

In our case , which country I fall in

Oman quota is 32 no’s while Jordan is 1700 no’s , so it might be a good reason to the officer to reject it ,
Officer will say that I have benefited from Jordan quota since the number is 1700 no’s . While Iam from Jordan and live in UAE and was born in Oman !!?

Does that make sense , Still confused

could you please give elaborated answers with case studies

Oman quota is 32 no’s while Jordan is 1700 no’s , so it might be a good reason to the officer to reject it ,
Officer will say that I have benefited from Jordan quota since the number is 1700 no’s . While Iam from Jordan and live in UAE and was born in Oman !!?

Does that make sense , Still confused

could you please give elaborated answers with case studies
No, it doesn’t make sense. The benefit comes if you are from a country that is limited because it has a potential to hit the quota (typically more than 4000 selectees)

I do not have time to give you “elaborated answers with case studies”. The law is plain and yes people have been successful. You can do further searches if you require further evidence.

Hi there,

I have the same problem.

I didn’t notice that I need to use my born country to enter DV lottery. Now I won it under Oceania, which is my nationality country at. My born country should be Taiwan (Asia).

Both countries are eligible for DV lottery.

Can I make any changes before the interview? Or, basically, I’m disqualified, and just don’t give it a try?

thanks.

Hi there,

I have the same problem.

I didn’t notice that I need to use my born country to enter DV lottery. Now I won it under Oceania, which is my nationality country at. My born country should be Taiwan (Asia).

Both countries are eligible for DV lottery.

Can I make any changes before the interview? Or, basically, I’m disqualified, and just don’t give it a try?

thanks.
Are you married and is your spouse born in the OC region? If yes, you may continue and treat your selection as cross-charging to spouse’s birth country - of course your spouse will need to demonstrate they meet the educational or work experience requirements as you will both be treated as co-selectees. Outside of that, you’re guaranteed to be disqualified at the time of your interview due to the wrong chargeability country selection.

Are you married and is your spouse born in the OC region? If yes, you may continue and treat your selection as cross-charging to spouse’s birth country - of course your spouse will need to demonstrate they meet the educational or work experience requirements as you will both be treated as co-selectees. Outside of that, you’re guaranteed to be disqualified at the time of your interview due to the wrong chargeability country selection.
Thanks for your prompt reply. We are now disqualified. I am very disappointed. I guess we need to do the lottery again for DV 2023..

Hello,
I was born in Sudan and currently live in Egypt.
Just finished my DV-2025 application, only to realize that I made the same mistake.
I entered my country of eligibility as "Egypt" while it should've been "Sudan".
Noting that I think they consider both countries to belong to the same region, will my application be disqualified?

Hello,
I was born in Sudan and currently live in Egypt.
Just finished my DV-2025 application, only to realize that I made the same mistake.
I entered my country of eligibility as "Egypt" while it should've been "Sudan".
Noting that I think they consider both countries to belong to the same region, will my application be disqualified?
Whether your application will be disqualified or not only comes in after being selected. So wait and see how if you’re selected first before trying to figure out if you will be disqualified or not.