Help, checking status of I-751

sultan100

Registered Users (C)
I have been following this forum for a while and everyonce in a while someone mentions of the 'case status online'. I have tried the following link to check the status online of my I-751 (I have already received my receipt for the I-751).
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

But everytime it gives me the following message

Case Status Search Page

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Can you guys help me with this, what am I doing wrong. I will really appreciate that.

Thanks.
----------------------------
DO: Memphis TN
Service Center: Texas

Ok I tried that link that you gave me ( http://www.uscis.gov) and it took me to the same link as before (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do) and it is giving me the same error message again.
I don't know if this is a factor or not but on the website it says that you can check the status of the case without making a profile and so I have been trying to check the status without making a profile. Do you think that might be a factor?

sultan100 said:
Ok I tried that link that you gave me ( http://www.uscis.gov) and it took me to the same link as before (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do) and it is giving me the same error message again.
I don't know if this is a factor or not but on the website it says that you can check the status of the case without making a profile and so I have been trying to check the status without making a profile. Do you think that might be a factor?

nothing wrong if you dont see your case status online. It is normal that some people see their case status online and some dont and from past experience of members of this forum, the case status website has been unreliable. So dont worry too much, try again after a week or two

Thanks for you reply ari4u, I think I agree with you and I will try online may be after a week or two.
I just called the 1-800-375-5283 no. and entered the receipt no. on the automated system and it says that 'that receipt number cannot be found'. Is this also normal?

sultan100 said:
Thanks for you reply ari4u, I think I agree with you and I will try online may be after a week or two.
I just called the 1-800-375-5283 no. and entered the receipt no. on the automated system and it says that 'that receipt number cannot be found'. Is this also normal?

Yeah its normal. If you cant see the receipt number online, it wont be recognized by the automated system either.

sultan100 said:
I have been following this forum for a while and everyonce in a while someone mentions of the 'case status online'. I have tried the following link to check the status online of my I-751 (I have already received my receipt for the I-751).
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

But everytime it gives me the following message

Case Status Search Page

Validation Error(s)
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Can you guys help me with this, what am I doing wrong. I will really appreciate that.

Thanks.
----------------------------
DO: Memphis TN
Service Center: Texas

Sultan, there's nothing wrong with you case. The thing is that I-751 can not be cheked through on-line case status system. It's not trackable, cause they do not add I-751 cases to the general system. Can't check it by the automated system via 1-800 number either. The only way you can find the info about your case is to call the customer servise and talk to the service representative.

When and where did you file the 751? Just curious because we are still waiting since Nov. 04 filed in Newark

LChan said:
When and where did you file the 751? Just curious because we are still waiting since Nov. 04 filed in Newark

Oh boy, what a bammer that must be. I am wating as well with the CSC since July 1, 2005. Have you tried applying for a citizenship? I am going to do so this month, let's see what happens.
:rolleyes:

Hi This is Vijay from CTS,
I have received receipt notice(Recept number: WAC 161*****30) in May first week but from the day one I couldn't able to check my case status in uscis.gov as it shows the validation error

I understood from the above users experience and from other forums it is common issue and it get resolved in 1 week to 1 month time.

But for my case its been more then 2 months now but still same issue exists. I am scared that my receipt number is wrong. Please help me .

Validation Error(s)
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application

Hi This is Vijay from CTS,
I have received receipt notice(Recept number: WAC 161*****30) in May first week but from the day one I couldn't able to check my case status in uscis.gov as it shows the validation error

I understood from the above users experience and from other forums it is common issue and it get resolved in 1 week to 1 month time.

But for my case its been more then 2 months now but still same issue exists. I am scared that my receipt number is wrong. Please help me .

Validation Error(s)
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application
The I751 receipt number will never work in the case status system. When you receive your biometrics appointment notice, it will have both an I751 receipt number and a CRI89 receipt number. Only the CRI89 receipt number will work in the case status system.

The I751 receipt number will never work in the case status system. When you receive your biometrics appointment notice, it will have both an I751 receipt number and a CRI89 receipt number. Only the CRI89 receipt number will work in the case status system.

Hi I have also been having this issue with my I-797 using my LIN number on the official web site for the past two months. If this is the case for only a cr receipt number to work in the system why isn't this explained on the web site or there is a problem with their system most members just wish to ensure their application is in the system ???

Last edited:
Hi I have also been having this issue with my I-797 using my LIN number on the official web site for the past two months. If this is the case for only a cr receipt number to work in the system why isn't this explained on the web site or there is a problem with their system most members just wish to ensure their application is in the system ???
If you read the I-751 receipt, it does say that upon receipt of the biometrics appointment notice, you will be able to check your status from the number on there.

Hi,
I am wondering how long after sending I-751 did you all receive your receipt letter showing 1 year extension? I would like to travel abroad during this time and want to make sure I receive my letter in time.

Thanks,
Arati