Help Asap Please!! Anyone!! Please!!

ywlam88

New Question >> Need Serious Help And Opinion . Info System Is Terrible > . .

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
ywlam88 said:
Hi, our family got our green card couple years ago. My daughter was 12 when she got her green card as well as ours. She couldn't do her finger print because she was not 13 or over. Now that shes 16, we finally have time to go get her fingerprint done but the problem is, i'm not sure where

we're currently residing in Falls Church, Virginia. Can anyone help me and find out where should i take my daughter to get her fingerprint done at. Should i bring her back to where we all got our green card or a different place to get her fingerprint done? This is her springbreak and the only free time i have got for her is TOMORROW thats why im in NEED OF HELP!!

PLEASE ANYONE HELP !! PLEASE !!

WHERE SHOULD I TAKE MY DAUGHTER FOR HER FINGERPRINT - she already have her green card

email - ywlam88@hotmail.com

Why dont you take an infopass at the nearest service center and talk to an immigration office.
I think you could do the FP at your current nearest office.

ywlam88 said:
Hi, our family got our green card couple years ago. My daughter was 12 when she got her green card as well as ours. She couldn't do her finger print because she was not 13 or over. Now that shes 16, we finally have time to go get her fingerprint done but the problem is, i'm not sure where

we're currently residing in Falls Church, Virginia. Can anyone help me and find out where should i take my daughter to get her fingerprint done at. Should i bring her back to where we all got our green card or a different place to get her fingerprint done? This is her springbreak and the only free time i have got for her is TOMORROW thats why im in NEED OF HELP!!

WHERE SHOULD I TAKE MY DAUGHTER FOR HER FINGERPRINT - she already have her green card

goto prosperity avenue, in front of dunns loring railway station.

ywlam88 said:

First, get a grip and don't panic. Second, do some homework.
Go to the USCIS web site http://ucsic.gov
and read the filing instructions for I-90 and the instructions for using InfoPass. You can also call USCIS National Customer Service Center and ask them questions: 1-800-375-5283

Your daughter needs to file an I-90 form for a replacement of her green card
and mark box 2g as the reason for filining the form (that she received the original card before her 14-th birthday).
The form I-90 can be downloaded from the USCIS site:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-90.htm

Some people can file I-90 electronically, but this is not true in the case of your daughter. She needs to do it at a local USCIS office (in your case, I think Washington or Norfolk). Again, there are links to listings of local offices at the main USCIS web site.

They do not accept walk-ins now. This means that you must make an appointment via the on-line InfoPass system. The link to InfoPass is available from the USCIS home page http://ucsic.gov

During the appointment they will take your daughter's fingerprint and she should get her new card several weeks later.

You could try to make an appointment for today but my guess is, you'll only be able to get a future date.

Is it necessary to go for FP for the minor with GC, when they cross particular age.

The GC says it expires after 10 yrs. No where it is mentioned that we have to go for FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejected said:
The GC says it expires after 10 yrs. No where it is mentioned that we have to go for FP.
Please read the original post and decide if this is applicable to you.

ywlam88, Why do you want to take your daughter for FP?

Is it a law or mentioned anywhere in the notice from USCIS.
Thanks.

Its a law, when the minor reaches 14, he/she should go for finger printing and and new GC which has the FP in that. The same apply for selective service for boys when they reach certain age (not sure if its 18 or more).

These are few things which you need to do on your own, you won't get any notice from govt or anywhere else.

This is an interesting discussion as I was wondering what in the world was she going on about. I had no idea that when your child turned 14 you had to get a fingerprint done (once a GC has been issued I mean) I fully understand they need to do this prior to GC... Can anyone confirm for certain, i.e. back this up with evidence from uscis website/info on this.

gettingclosernow said:
This is an interesting discussion as I was wondering what in the world was she going on about. I had no idea that when your child turned 14 you had to get a fingerprint done (once a GC has been issued I mean) I fully understand they need to do this prior to GC... Can anyone confirm for certain, i.e. back this up with evidence from uscis website/info on this.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-90.pdf

"Fingerprints. If you are filing this application to register as a result of turning 14 years of age, you must be fingerprinted. After filing this application, USCIS will notify you in writing of the time and location where you must go to be fingerprinted. Failure to appear to be fingerprinted may result in a denial of your application."

ywlam88 said:
which a person recommended here

I was just showing a link from USCIS website

ywlam88 said:
should i KEP TRYING @ INFOPASS and turn the form + fingerprint @ the location!?!?!?

If they allow you (your daughter) to get fingerprinted and turn in the form, you can do so.