HELP!!! 2nd biometrics for I485 after I130 approval for Mother

dreamtrue

Registered Users (C)
My mother received the 2nd biometrics appt for I485 shortly after her I130 got approved. The notice didn't say any reasons, just the appt date and location. I thought most of the parents got I485 approved shortly after I130. So in her case, what can we do? Why do they ask for the second fingerprint? She did the first one in Jan, 2009 and it has only been 4 months. I started worrying about it. Does anyone have similar experience?

12/08/2008 I130, I1485 filed
01/09/2009 1st FP
01/12/2009 LUD on I130,I485
04/27/2009 I130 approved
04/30/2009 2nd FP without any explanation ???

It's not uncommon for people to be asked to go and have their biometrics taken again. Sometimes, the prints just dont turn out properly so they need to be redone. She should just go and have them redone as has been requested.

Thanks, LucyMO and elcupacabras! I am wondering how long it will take to have I485 approved after the FP. Does it mean that she has to go through the FBI name checking one more time since her 1st FP was in Jan,2009. Anyone else has similar experience?

Should I make an info pass to check what it is going on? I have never done an info pass before. Since I485 is for my mother, can I go alone to represent her to talk to the IO officer? Anyone with info pass experience, please advise!

IMHO:
1) you should complete 2nd Biometric appointment /walk in first.
In high probability, your quest will end there.
If not, and received RFE
2) Get ready to obtain Certificate of good Conduct from local (USA) police station and
Worst case scenario
3) may be from places where your mom lived for last 5 years outside USA.

My heart goes out for you.
What's got to be done, got to be done.

IMHO:
1) you should complete 2nd Biometric appointment /walk in first.
In high probability, your quest will end there.
If not, and received RFE
2) Get ready to obtain Certificate of good Conduct from local (USA) police station and
Worst case scenario
3) may be from places where your mom lived for last 5 years outside USA.

My heart goes out for you.
What's got to be done, got to be done.

is infopass useful to find out the status of FP? i noticed that many people can find out their name check clear, how to find it out? any number from FBI?

Just had an InfoPass and the IO told me that my mom's 2nd FP was fine and all we need to do is to wait. I am wondering what's the waiting time after the 2nd FP. What else are we waiting for? Anyone in the same boat?