Hello, forum's guru! Need your advice.

sasha69

Registered Users (C)
I have the following question in connection with my I-485:

I have been on F-1 visa years ago (grad school). After graduation I extended F-1 for one more year for Optional Practice Training and got Employment Authorization Card valid for that one year. Later I switched to
H-1 visa, applied for I-140, got approved, applied for I-485 in CSC this May. Recently I have been reviewing the documents (or better to say the copies of the documents) that I sent with my I-485 petition. I noticed that that photocopy of the Employment Authorization Card from my student OPT years was so bad that one can not read the case number and the dates and can hardly read my last name. The copy of the card serves as the proof that I was not out of status years ago. I have included with my I-485 petition the I-20 form that says that optional traning was recommended but I am afraid that it alone may not be enough for the proof that I was not out of status.

What should I do? Should I make a good copy of that Employment Authorization Card and send to the INS together with the copies of my old foreign passport pages that have the F-1 visa covering the period in question?

I guess I do not want to get Intent to Deny Notice and waste several months proving that I was not out of status.

Any advise would be helpful!

take it easy

If I were you I would not stress too much about it. If INS does not find a copy of your PT EAD a legitimate one, they will issue an RFE and that's when you can resubmit all the relevant information. Knowing INS, there is no guarantee that INS would be able to attach your ammendment to your I485.

of course, I'm not a lawyer, so you may want to ask your lawyer for an advice.

- Dom

I think on EAD there's a Alien number and in your case it should be same on 485 Application receipt and I140 approval which should be same on ur pervious EAD. With that IS should be able to find out about you legal stay but u never know INS worst case u might get a RFE. Check up ur A number and post if its same .