Heathrow transit

toraboraus

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My parents are coming to US for a visit at the end of this month. They both have valid 10 year B1 visas stamped on their passports. Do they need British transit visas to transit a few hours thru Heathrow?

Thanks a lot.

I dont think they need transit visa, if u have a connecting flight then they give u visa at the airport .(according to my knowledge)

It depens on your origin country.

As a German I do not nee but I know that one of my Pakistani friends had to get a transit visa for UK.

This is stupid British rules which is not compatible with international rules.

If you are not sure never try and never buy a British Airways ticket! :)

I agree with that. I was not allowed to board a flight on the san francisco airport because I did not have a transit visa for UK. I was going to be on the Heathrow airport for barely 2 hours on my way to India from the US. I have decided to never use British airways that will always route me through Heathrow. I am an indian citizen, in the US as an AOS (I-485) applicant and an Employment Authorization Card and was travelling on Advance Parole. So let the British make whatever rules they want to make us suffer (I missed Diwali celebrations with my parents in India!), they just won't get any business from me anymore.

Same with Toronto / Canada ..

Your best bet is to take a direct flight - these days both American Airlines and Continental fly non-stop between US and India (Air Canada does so too, but you need a transit Visa there too - so much for open skies and closed airports)

Hi Toraboraus,

Did you parents had to get the Transit Visa at the Heathrow airport? Please let me know.

Thanks

Mahesh