• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Haven't received the welcome notice or green card

DV2008

Registered Users (C)
I am a winner of DV2008. I entered the United State on 10/19. It's been over 30 days since my entering, but still haven't received either welcome notice or green card. So I called USCIS (1-800-375-5283) just few minutes ago. The representative of the customer service told me that I should wait at least 90 days before calling them. I asked her what my status is. She said the status is there's been some delayed. I should just wait for 90 days and see. She didn't even ask my alien number! Does anyone has the same situation as mine and called them but to be told to wait for 90 days? Am I really too early to call them? I checked the USCIS website. It says that I should call the customer service if it's over 30 days. I am confused. Any help?

I am a winner of DV2008. I entered the United State on 10/19. It's been over 30 days since my entering, but still haven't received either welcome notice or green card. So I called USCIS (1-800-375-5283) just few minutes ago. The representative of the customer service told me that I should wait at least 90 days before calling them. I asked her what my status is. She said the status is there's been some delayed. I should just wait for 90 days and see. She didn't even ask my alien number! Does anyone has the same situation as mine and called them but to be told to wait for 90 days? Am I really too early to call them? I checked the USCIS website. It says that I should call the customer service if it's over 30 days. I am confused. Any help?

I also haven't received my welcome notice or green card. I was admitted on 10/11/2007. I have called USCIS several times and the last person I spoke to yesterday said that she could see my alien registration number in the system but as of yet card production had not been ordered. She said that it sometimes could take upto a year and told me not to worry about it. She said that as long as I have my immigrant visa with the admission stamp, I can use it as a green card for one year.

I had no trouble updating my social security card and the social security office had to and were able to verify that I was a permanent resident using my alien registration number.

Don't rely on what USCIS reps tell you... in my experience, each rep will tell you something different. One rep even told me she couldn't give me information on the case unless my wife was present - when every other rep gave me any info I needed/wanted as I was the petitioner.

I always call twice (at least) to confirm the answer(s) I received and I always write down the date, time and name of the rep I spoke with after getting important information with them.

Govt. agencies are always so slow and misinformed.

Thanks for the quick reply. Bahadur007 and Bbqchickenrobot..

I know that the immigration visa with the admission stamp can work as the green card for up to one year, but after having many horrible experiences with the government department, I know how inefficiency they can be. So it will make me a whole lot better if I have the actual green card in hand. I guess I will have to call them again to get the info I need. Thanks for your help.

Just one question

What may happen if after one year you still haven't received anything, when you got your SSN and your admission stamp? What do you have to do?
Will you be forced to leave America?

always confirm the address USCIS has on file for you!!!!
What may happen if after one year you still haven't received anything, when you got your SSN and your admission stamp? What do you have to do?
no, you'll just have to fill out a special form, pay a fee and order yourself a new plastic.

We received our welcome notices today. They were sent out on 11/26/2007. I retrieved the current status from the USCIS Case Status Online website by entering the receipt numbers on the welcome notices:

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 29, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

If you would like to see our current Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed, please contact the USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

Hopefully, the cards will arrive soon.

Congratulations! I hope mine will arrive soon too. Let's cross our fingers. :)

We received our welcome notices today. They were sent out on 11/26/2007. I retrieved the current status from the USCIS Case Status Online website by entering the receipt numbers on the welcome notices:

Hopefully, the cards will arrive soon.

Congratulations! I am happy for you. At least someone got the card. Though it would be better if I get the card too. XD Anyway, Congratulations to you. Have a great journey in America.

Hi Bahadur

Congrats on receiving your GC. Can you publish your timeline to the GC.

Did you change the address of posting at the Port of Entry? Hence - did you receive the GC at the new address or the old ?

Me too arrived in the USA with the I-551 packet on 30-Nov. Havent yet received the GC.

Thanks
zaman

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bahadur

Congrats on receiving your GC. Can you publish your timeline to the GC.

Did you change the address of posting at the Port of Entry? Hence - did you receive the GC at the new address or the old ?

Me too arrived in the USA with the I-551 packet on 30-Nov. Havent yet received the GC.

Thanks
zaman

Whole family admitted on Oct 11, 2007. Received welcome letters on Dec 3, 2007. Received green cards on Dec 7, 2007. Took almost 2 months. You've only been here for 13 days, so relax!

We didn't change the address, since we've been living at that address in the US for nearly 5 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Zamaan,

Did you change your address at the port of entry? Did you change your state or only address of same state??

Thanks Zamaan

And Bahadur,

congratulation!

Where are you from Bahadur? Your nick name indicates that you are from asia.

I got my Green Card today!! Finally! Thanks to everyone in this forum. :)

A little detail about the timeline. I admitted to the Chicago airport on 10/19/2007. Received the welcome letter on 12/24/2007 (The notice date states in the letter was 12/18/2007). Got the Green Card on 12/26/2007. It's the best Christmas ever!

Best wishes to everyone.

Hi,

I am still waiting for my GC and the welcome letter. I have entered to US on Nov 13, 07. It's almost two months now.

I am wondering where I can get the receipt number? Is that the number in the welcome letter?

Thank you,
Bee