Havent received FP appt yet, Applied for 765,485 package

little elf said:
I am wondering when you suppose to get FP notice.

should we get the notice before we have AP and EAD
or
should we have the notice after AP but before EAD?

and i did not receive any FP notice but received email notice saying AP is appoving last week( i have not received the AP by mail yet) ? Do this mean something wrong?

Can any one tell me?
thanks

AP does not require FP whereas EAD does. Hope it helps.

Rece'd FP notice

Guess what, i sent message here this afternoon saying that i have not received FP notice, however, when i get back home , it was there

yes , i get my one FP notice for both EAD and 485. However, it is on 1/28. I already purchased the air ticket to fly somewhere that weekend.

Can i make an appointment though the info pass to schedule it earlier?
I saw someone seems did / is going to do so. If you have done it,can you share your experience? thanks

Also , i went to info pass try to make an appointment , there are several option, i am not sure which one i should choose , but they do not have the one called "take fp".
My case is not more than 90 days, which one i should choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
my 2 cents

choose "speak to an officer", so you can get in and talk to the one in the window. if you are lucky, he/she will let you talk to an officer.

little elf,
you do not have to go the exact day requested for fp,you can go anytime so long as yougo at all..if you cannot go ont he 28th go before then,the will let you do your fp...

lily06 said:
A silly question, but, what is "LUD"?

LUD - Last Updated Date - if you added your case to an online portfolio.

Lily - Are you still visiting this forum?

We are in the same boat. No FP notice from Newark, almost 2 months from filing I-485. I've also made an InfoPass appt for next week - but from your post Newark InfoPass @ DO seems to be useless, b'cos ASC is in a different location.

Did you manage to do a walk-in at Commerce Street location after all?
Can you please update what happened with your case? Did you manage to get FPed before Interview? Please post your experience. Thanks.

It's been seven months since I filed I-485 and I still haven't got my finger printing done. Call Info Pass, or walk-in is both useless. My lawyer also tried to call the 1800 number but no response. I had an interview early Feb and the interviewer gave me an April 4th appointment, asking me to go there if I don't receive earlier ones. She said that the Newark is terribly delayed. As far as I know, we cannot do anything but wait. Sucks...

Approved!

I just want to share some good news with you. Four days after I submitted additional information responding to FP result, they approved my case! I received this through USCIS Case Status website. I am so relieved!

It appears that the FP (bio-3) takes only one month. I was lucky in that regards. Thanks for everyone here for support! It was a frustrating process but sometimes we do need some patience and stay positive.

Here is the timeline:
DO: Newark,NJ
Got married: Feb 8, 2005
Received Date (I765,I130,I485) : Aug 23, 2005
Advanced Paroll: October 2005
AOS Interview: Feb 10, 2006
FP: (never receitve FP notice in mail, but got the letter from the interview for I-485 FP): April 4, 2006
Approved I-130, I-485: May 5th and 9th

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 9, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your
card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results
listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the
projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service
Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.