Havent recd any fingerprinting, Oct 2002, any one else in same boat

My spouse got her Fingerprint request today but it was to the old address. My mail man dropped it in my mailbox by correcting the Apt # by hand. I'm wondering about mine now. Tonight I have to ask my neighbour (where I lived earlier) to check whether my request is in his mail box.
My friend who moved out of the Apt where I currently living, his and his wife's Fingerprint request was in my Mailbox.

I changed my apt 18 months back and I updated the Apt # by calling the famous 1-800# and also sent AR11 for both myself and my spouse.
My Friend who moved out of the Apt where I live currently, he also changed his and his wife's address by calling 1-800# and AR11 were filed already.

When I called 1-800# 2 weeks back to initiate the inquiry, representative confirmed that both myself and my spouse's address has the correct Apt #. And she told me that we will get our fingerprint to our current Apt. But TCS screwed it up by sending to the old addresses. If my fingerprint is going to be in my old apt, since I know the person who lives there, I can get the notice by tonight. Even for my friend it worked out really nice, because I gave both (his and his wife) the fingerprint to him this afternoon and asked for a dinner. He invited me for the dinner next week.

If anybody changed your address previously and expecting the first FP, be aware that your Fingerprint notice might be addressed to your old address. If your old address is with in your drivable distance, go and knock your old Apt by accompanying with an old friend from your old Apt. It might be worth a try.

My spouse Fingerprint has been scheduled for Mar 1, 2005. If I get mine before Wednesday, I'm planning to try for an early FP this Wednesday.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Tightwait, I am still waiting for the good news. It has been a long and painful wait and I hope that it gets over soon.

Got the good news from the Attorney's office. They got my fingerprint notice (Attorney's copy). If I don't get mine, Attorney's assistant will be sending her copy to my home address monday. Now I can breathe easy a bit. Hope everyone should get their FP soon.

Hi Yorkosa

Hi Yorkosa,
Try faxing them. Maybe my fax to them woke some of them up from their deep paid slumber.
Try it, doesnt hurt, I guess.
Many regards,
Tightwait

Did not get any good news yet

tightwait,

I am still waiting for the finger print notice. Did not get any news yet. I am going to initiate second enquiry tomorrow. Hopefully something comes up.... lets see.

vidy5300

It seems that USCIS is currenty focussing on getting pending cases fingerprinted. However, the ASC's will become bottlenecks soon and from what I read, Infopass scheduling has already become a bottleneck.

A number of people have been fingerprinted, but approvals have not increased.

called customer service could not get the case information.

I called customer service to set up second inquiry. The system said that due to technical difficulties the case status information could not be obtained and that i will have to call back later. There was no option to speak to a customer service rep. Anyone had the same experience? How do I open an inquiry now?

Vidy

Vidy,
Try calling yourcongessman and sending them a fax or else initiate an inquiry thru your lawyer.
Regards,
Tightwait

lawyer refused

Hi tightwait,

I talked to my lawyer yesterday and he says that the dates posted on the USCIS website is wrong and that they have not started issuing finger prints for dates after May 2002. He refused to open an inquiry now. So my only options left are congreeman and fax. Will try those

vidy5300

vidy
I am also experiencing the same problem of "technical difficulties" when calling UCSIS since yesterday to initiate a second inquiry. Even I haven't received any fp notice and my date is 12th Sep.
First inquiry I initiated on 7th jan and received the standard reply i.e "request has been forwarded to supervisor".

did u talk to your lawyer

dguptafl,

I too had initiated the inquiry on Jan 7 and got the same response. Did you try to ask your lawyer to initiate and inquiry for you? I was unsuccessful doing that.

sent a letter to senator

I just sent a letter to senator asking him to set up a finger print status enquiry for my case. Lets see what happens next. Hopefully he can get us that long awaited finger print notice. Keeping the fingers crossed.....

vidy5300

They will tell you, "We will issue a new FP notice in 90-120 days", that's what they told me thru congressman inquiry, they have created a backlog in FP notices, so probably all the ones that already send faxes will have to wait since they acknowledge your FP is missing, but just in case keep sending faxes and making inquiries

I did my early FP yesterday (Actual Scheduled FP date: Mar 1) in Louisville, KY. Waited for 4 hours to get the FP done since there were 35 people in front of me.

After finally receiving my second FP notice on Monday, I gave my FP yesterday in San Antonio. I was actually scheduled for March 23, but my wife and I were still accepted since I will be traveling on the scheduled date. It took us one hour and the people there were quite friendly. I am very glad to have this (hopefully) last obstacle passed after not hearing from the CIS for 2 years.

Good luck to all of you!

Got my first FP

All,

Finally me and my spouse got our First finger print notice today. It is scheduled for 3/8/2005. We plan to go for an early FP. Any one has any experience with doing early FP at Oklahoma City? Please let me know.

Thank you
vidy5300

We received our FP on Feb 12 too. I also initiated an useless congressional inquiry and sent a fax last Friday . Do I need to concel them?