Have TN Status, but get better job in Canada

CanadianBoy00

Hi,

Two weeks before I got a contract job(project based) from a US recruiter, and also got my TN status at border then I came back to Canada as job is project based and recruiter told me before that I should get TN first as soon as some project start on client site in US then I will go to client site, so 2 weeks before I went to US-Canadian border to get the TN status only and after getting my TN status I come back to Canada and was waiting for client project but in the mean time I get a better permanent job offer in Canada, so I want to join this permanent offer in Canada and I am no more interested in US job for now.

So my question is what to do with TN status/I-94? should I send/mail my I-94 back to US immigration ....or just do nothing .........as job with US recruiter in project based and I am thinking if I face any problem in this Canadian job(which I am going to join next week.).....then I have at least an option to go to US and start that project based contract job in USA....so should I sit quiet? please guide ...as I want to open that US job option .......and I want to start my Canadian job..........please guide....any comment would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I would hold on to the TN until your are sure that you don't wnat that job.

As long as you submit the I-94 to either a US or Cdn border officer before the expiry date, you are fine.