Have they forgotten about a category called EB2 ??????

iknowitall

Registered Users (C)
Great see NSC is moving and at a decent pace for sept 03 filers and so on. But have they forgotten that there is something called an EB2 category also for employment based cases???????

If only someone could shed some light on what these guys follow to process cases.

In the mean time congrats EB3s your time has come looks like.

It looks like it. I am not sure what is going on here. Why would anyone want to go on a blistering pace for eb3 and neglect eb2?????

yes I think so absolutely. Compared to eb2 it is blistering pace. And you know what, if you are eb3 sep or oct filer and you have not heard anything and if you have not initiated enquiry, you are shooting yourself in the foot big time. I also realize that part of it could be that there is more eb3 volume and so we hear about many more eb3 cases compared to eb2

ya but not a single eb2 case approved concurrently except however, thats also a chance thing, not that they are approving november eb2s, i have doubts on that.

Eb2

I dont't think they have forgotten, but it is slow. Check the other thread lc2003 posted. He is september filer with EB2 category and unfortuanetely his case has been denied.

I am not expert in this but it seems to me that if you do not have a masters degree it could be a problem for eb2. When you get into work experience, it is better to have masters + 3 yrs work ex in place of 3 yr degrees + diplomas + work ex. I think the best shot in such a case is to go eb3.

to dillards

I hope you have initiated an enquiry. I hope you also saw the two cases that got approved after enquiries were initiated.

bigbadwolf --for Sep,Oct EB3 cases -- how can you initiate an enquiry if the processing dates are at Aug 31,2003 --- if it's possible, let me know

BigbadWolf

I've not initiated yet. My attorney is not ready for the enquiry as the processing times have not crossed 30 days yet.

bigbadwolf,

ok, i thought dillards was EB3...but even in his case (EB2) - the current processing dates for EB2 is Sept 15 and his RD is Sept 27 - how to initiate an enquiry - is there an official way to initiate an enquiry before the processing dates arrive??

dillards, One of my colleagues did this and got his 140 and 485 approved within two weeks. But I should point out that he initiated the enquiry when dates moved to 12/15 briefly before moving back again. However, this artificial barrier of 30 days, I feel, is attorney imposed. How do you explain the fact that my colleagues case was acted upon even after the processing dates reverted?

bigbadwolf -

regarding your 'context of discussion' part - here is your comment in your own words on this very same thread- "yes I think so absolutely. Compared to eb2 it is blistering pace. And you know what, if you are eb3 sep or oct filer and you have not heard anything and if you have not initiated enquiry, you are shooting yourself in the foot big time. I also realize that part of it could be that there is more eb3 volume and so we hear about many more eb3 cases compared to eb2"

you are the one suggesting to every eb3 sep/oct filer and other eb2 filers - whose RD's are before the current processing dates. all i'm asking you is for a simple answer and not rhetoric (so it would be of real concrete practical help to everyone in this forum) - how is the enquiry possible??

Even I initiated the inquery when the dates moved brefly to december 2003.
But nothing happened.

Question:- How much time does it take to get the response of the inquery? My lawer has not recieved the response yet.

In-Delema

bigbadwolf said:
dillards, One of my colleagues did this and got his 140 and 485 approved within two weeks. But I should point out that he initiated the enquiry when dates moved to 12/15 briefly before moving back again. However, this artificial barrier of 30 days, I feel, is attorney imposed. How do you explain the fact that my colleagues case was acted upon even after the processing dates reverted?

there you go --- the key is to have initiated an inquiry when the processing dates briefly moved to 12/15 --- then you stand some chance whatsoever --- not right now when the dates clearly specify Sep 15 or Aug 31 respectively.

In-Delema said:
Even I initiated the inquery when the dates moved brefly to december 2003.
But nothing happened.

Question:- How much time does it take to get the response of the inquery? My lawer has not recieved the response yet.

In-Delema

I have too initiated an inquiry through my lawyer.I did it soon after the processing dates were reported as 12/15.Received a notice form USCIS,but no inquiry response yet.

Hi bigbadwolf,

You mentioned Masters degree + 3 years experience for filing in EB2.
If the labor mentions just a master's degree or Bachelor degree + 2 years exp. , will it be a problem if 140 is filed in EB2

Thanks

You are right. Anyways NSC is not considring BS + 5 years for EB2.
I have a master's degree but my labor(substituted) reqs are Master's degree or Bachelor degree with 2 years experience. My I140 is filed in EB2. Will it create any problem or only time decides.