Have GC - need to travel to Europe?

Free_Reign

Hi excellent forum,

Can anyone advise what the steps are to me traveling to Europe. Do I just use GC or do I need to still get RTD or can I use my OP? I have to make urgent trip for health issues concerning my father. I would be very greatful for any information to guide me to the right steps for travel. This is an emergency.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi excellent forum,

Can anyone advise what the steps are to me traveling to Europe. Do I just use GC or do I need to still get RTD or can I use my OP? I have to make urgent trip for health issues concerning my father. I would be very greatful for any information to guide me to the right steps for travel. This is an emergency.

Thank you very much in advance.
RTD ? Are you based on asylum ?
If you don't have passport, you need RTD.

Question - Green Card

Hello, I am new to the forum and I wanted to see if anyone can help me. My father came to the United Stated last year (after a month he received his green card) had to leave back to our country, Peru because my grandmother became really ill and he is now ready to come back to the country. It has been a year and 3 months. What does he need to do to get back into the country?

Esperanza

I believe that if he didn't apply for a re-entry permit before leaving he has now lost his LPR status and must now apply all over again.

It depends. Having a GC doesn't make any difference to my European travels because of my citizenship, so the only reason I take it along is to return to the US. Depending on one's citizenship, the same may be true for others.

Exactly... no matter where you go, don't forget your GC!!!!!! You will need it to get back in the US.