Have a US passport by derived citizenship, how to get Certificate of citizenship?

Brianne

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I became a derived US citizen a few years a go and I got my US passport about 2 years. I had to send my parents citizenships along with my application. Now I'm thinking if I should get my Certificate of citizenship since it would never expire unlike my passport. How would I apply for my Certificate of Citizenship? Do I have to send my parents' naturalization certificates again?

Regards!

I forgot to add in my first post, I'm now 22 and one of the requirements for the n-600 is to be over 18, and it asks for my green card information as well which I have lost after getting my US passport. What do I have to do in order to get my Certificate of citizenship?

Regards!

I talked to my mother this morning and she told me she has my green card which should make the application go smoothly. But it costs $600. Should I still get it if I already have a US passport? I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fee for the N-600, like everything else, will likely only go up. You may as well get it over with. It does not expire.

IF you read the instructions, then you know that your evidence is already in your file and/or your parents' files. You just supply the A#'s for all required A-files along with the form and the fee. Hang on to your greencard, you trade it for the Certificate at the end of the process.