Has anyone really found USCIS update his address after filing AR-11?

AmericanWannabe

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone really found USCIS update his address after filing AR-11?
Is there any way to check with USCIS to see if they
really enter AR-11 into their records?

I wonder if one who fail to file Ar-11 can defend himself
by pointing out that USCIS ignore Ar-11 received anyway.

North_Star said:
AR-11 does not go to USCIS, it goes to state dept, AFAIK.
-NS

I don't know if the form changed, but before INS under Department of Justice
became USCIS under dept of homeland security, the AR-11 was supposed to be sent to INS, which was part of Dept of Justice. If we still use
old AR-11 (which I did last time I move), then the form should go to
INS's sucessor USCIS, which is part of department of Homeland Security.

Once inside USA, Department of State does not seem to have
much business with us.

AmericanWannabe said:
I don't know if the form changed, but before INS under Department of Justice
became USCIS under dept of homeland security, the AR-11 was supposed to be sent to INS, which was part of Dept of Justice. If we still use
old AR-11 (which I did last time I move), then the form should go to
INS's sucessor USCIS, which is part of department of Homeland Security.

Once inside USA, Department of State does not seem to have
much business with us.

I once read that there were over a million unopened AR-11 forms sitting in an office in DC.

Brian

when you need to change the address one need to do below so that it is corrected:

1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application)
*** if the file is transfred to Local USCIS office send the letter to Local USCIS office with your Info)
4 if lawyer filed I-485 then change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail G28 to sevice center or Local USCIS and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer, If you trust your lawyer then dont change. if you retain your past lawyer who filed I-485 be in touch with him for any updates on your case on regularly check the Online status
*** do the all 1,2,3,4

Last edited by a moderator:
re:

ginnu.
i think you should remove pt. 4 from ur response. people changing just their address might not be changing lawyers

leroythelion said:
I once read that there were over a million unopened AR-11 forms sitting in an office in DC.

Brian
I know of relatives case where there was some missing information and DHS promptly sent their standard letter and a blank form to fill in the details. The missing information related to date of entry. The form was later sent in with the date and "(last)" inserted after the date. I think they have caught up with the arrears.

rg585 said:
I just mailed my AR-11 yesterday by regular mail. Hope they process it :)
Attorneys recommend that you send it through certified mail with return notice. Just in case you are asked, you at least have some proof.