• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Has ANYONE gotten their 2013 results yet?

I agree with lord and I agree with you too. I remember 600+ people viewing the DV lottery forum overall. However, out of them there was just 30 registered forum members. The others might have won and didn't bother to register. That being said, I think too few are reporting successful selection. We'll know more in a couple of days/weeks, when maybe some new members will report.

I took a screen shot when it climbed to 800+

http://imageshack.us/f/576/forumusers.png/

I was in same position as You!! after 14 times I finally was selected in DV-2012!!
I wish you good luck!! :)

Thank you brother for making me hopeful,your experience is an inspiration for me in order not to give up.

Wish me good luck to make it this time.:cool:

I'm from Oceania and I was selected. My case number is in the 700s. I applied October 20, 2011.

Good luck to everyone else.

Selected!

I played the lottery since DV-1998 and finally got selected this year. My case number is quite high though, EU region and almost 24000. I guess I might get an interview sometime February-March 2013 if ever.
Good luck to everyone and don't get too upset if you didn't win this year. As you can see from my example, just keep playing and it will work out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the lottery since DV-1998 and finally got selected this year. My case number is quite high though, EU region and almost 24000. I guess I might get an interview sometime February-March 2013 if ever.
Good luck to everyone and don't get too upset if you didn't win this year. As you can see from my example, just keep playing and it will work out!

Congrats :)

Your case number should not be a problem at all. This year all case numbers are current in June. There is a pretty low demand for GC's in Europe and that's for a good reason.

I think it's potentially quiet because most of those who win find these forums *after* they win.

Or maybe after last year's debacle of getting selected then disqualified due to their error, people are wary about getting too excited and announcing it to everyone. I got selected for DV2013 but neither my husband nor I feel as excited as we did last year when he got selected in the first draw of DV2012. We both remember the crushing disappointment after the disqualification. When I found out yesterday, both of us couldn't help but get a bit cynical and are wondering how long will it be before we hear the draw is disqualified. :confused:

Not easy to register

I agree with lord and I agree with you too. I remember 600+ people viewing the DV lottery forum overall. However, out of them there was just 30 registered forum members. The others might have won and didn't bother to register. That being said, I think too few are reporting successful selection. We'll know more in a couple of days/weeks, when maybe some new members will report.

It's not so easy to register. It took me over a week and I had to send an email asking for registration email to be sent to me...may be they are also waiting to register.

I feel you...so much!

Or maybe after last year's debacle of getting selected then disqualified due to their error, people are wary about getting too excited and announcing it to everyone. I got selected for DV2013 but neither my husband nor I feel as excited as we did last year when he got selected in the first draw of DV2012. We both remember the crushing disappointment after the disqualification. When I found out yesterday, both of us couldn't help but get a bit cynical and are wondering how long will it be before we hear the draw is disqualified. :confused:

Once bitten twice shy. I know the feel so much, so familiar and still heartbreaking. When my husband and I were selected last year in May, we were over the moon! We couldn't even eat! Then the site went down and I called KCC and (though I did not understand what they meant THEN) was asked to check again on July 15th. 10 days later I saw it in the news and as heartbreaking as that was, we ATE that day!! When I learned of my selection in July; I was still waiting for the same mess...October came and went, and one never stops to wonder when something will go wrong, but some faith keeps one holding on. The whole May 1 thing took a part of me that used to store excitement and no news excite me that much anymore. Hope one day I shall recover.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your selection! I wish you the best during this process. At least you are looking at Feb/March; with the number I had, i was looking at July/August but it became current in May.

Wow! You have tried since 1998! You have been determined...wish you the best!

Once bitten twice shy. I know the feel so much, so familiar and still heartbreaking. When my husband and I were selected last year in May, we were over the moon! We couldn't even eat! Then the site went down and I called KCC and (though I did not understand what they meant THEN) was asked to check again on July 15th. 10 days later I saw it in the news and as heartbreaking as that was, we ATE that day!! When I learned of my selection in July; I was still waiting for the same mess...October came and went, and one never stops to wonder when something will go wrong, but some faith keeps one holding on. The whole May 1 thing took a part of me that used to store excitement and no news excite me that much anymore. Hope one day I shall recover.

Wow, you went through an emotional rollercoaster last year! Yes, No, Yes ... all within a few months ... wow, I can see how you would also be wondering and wary. Like us. Good luck with your move, that's also another rollercoaster coming up but I hope it goes well for you.

We are going to get our photos taken today for the application but we are still not confident that we will waste time and money on that. I hope I will recover from my cynicism one day. But I suppose it is a good thing not to get all giddy with excitement too because you can think straighter and more logically. This is a huge step and it is not guaranteed anyway that we pass the interview so I will forge ahead but with both feet on the ground and my head not in the clouds.

U.S. Embassy in Belgrade said this on their Facebook page:

"Since many of you asked:

The Kentucky Consular Center may but also may not select more DV2013 entries on October 1, 2012. But, we urge you to keep your confirmation number in any case until September 30, 2013.
The game is not over yet!"

Make of it what you will.

http://www.facebook.com/usaconsblg

U.S. Embassy in Belgrade said this on their Facebook page:

"Since many of you asked:

The Kentucky Consular Center may but also may not select more DV2013 entries on October 1, 2012. But, we urge you to keep your confirmation number in any case until September 30, 2013.
The game is not over yet!"

Make of it what you will.

http://www.facebook.com/usaconsblg

Thanks for the info.It seems that there are not that many winners so far,it is really quiet.:confused:

Ahh! I was selected!
I registered May 1st and my account was just activated!
I bet this is also why other people haven't replied yet - their accounts aren't able to post yet.

Congrats to everyone else who was selected and good luck to others for October!

So far I think I have seen only 2 Australians.

Wonderful news for the winners :) But seriously, how many did they choose 1 May?

I used to love coming to this site every day :(

Now it just saddens me.

Rather than edit that last post I'm just going to write a new one and say no, I'm not going to be sad visiting the forum, I'm going to look with pleasure at the stories of everyone's journey who got selected this month.

I just received a message from someone and they have reminded me why I post on here; and it's not all about my journey, but everyone else as well :)

Time to cheer the winners on and be here if they need anything!

Q

Have problem with dvlottery

Hello, I have entered the right information to check my status of green card and I have received in the screen this result, so please what does it mean?:

The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number, your last name (family name/surname), and year of birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page.

I really have entered the right information that I have printed (recorded in a printed paper) so what does it mean not valid, because I have the information printed and it right, please have me, thanks for all

Here’s the mail I got recently for my problem

Disable QUIC Protocol
in URL write "chrome://flags/#enable-quic Protocol" and hit Enter,
if will be selected as Default, now click on that drop-down and select Disabled,
now click on Relaunch in bottom.

2) Update the system Time
3) Disable unknown or unused extensions
4) Check if there is restrictions on Firewall or not.

If you error is still not solved, or getting other SSL error pls visit deskdecode