• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Has ANYONE gotten their 2013 results yet?

I've not been selected either.
3 relatives of mine have not been selected too. :(

Since they said there will be another batch of winners in October, I cannot hide that I feel that something is going wrong with all this.

I've not been selected either.
3 relatives of mine have not been selected too. :(

Since they said there will be another batch of winners in October, I cannot hide that I feel that something is going wrong with all this.

Sorry to hear that.
I agree,something is weird about the announcement that they might release a second round of winners in October,and after last years' fiasco in May,I don't trust this whole thing anymore.And it seems there are not that many winners so far.

Sorry to hear that.
I agree,something is weird about the announcement that they might release a second round of winners in October,and after last years' fiasco in May,I don't trust this whole thing anymore.And it seems there are not that many winners so far.

I strongly believe that something is wrong somewhere,DOS might have had a big problem which they cannot handle at this stage so as to announced only few results and by october 1st they announced the full results cos if you take a look at the recent news of DOS stating on their website that MORE ENTRIES MAYBE SELECTED october 1st,after all they will always use the word (maybe) and i also know that the results been announced was only few and october results might just be more than the winning numbers of this May 1st results.

I strongly believe that something is wrong somewhere,DOS might have had a big problem which they cannot handle at this stage so as to announced only few results and by october 1st they announced the full results cos if you take a look at the recent news of DOS stating on their website that MORE ENTRIES MAYBE SELECTED october 1st,after all they will always use the word (maybe) and i also know that the results been announced was only few and october results might just be more than the winning numbers of this May 1st results.

On the ESC website

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time.

They say more entries WILL be selected. So im pretty sure its certain, if they saying that now.

confusing stuff .. on the main dv page they say "MAY BE" and on the confirmation page of ESC they say "WILL BE"
i am confused .. dont have any high hopes thou .. :( coz i can hardly see any winners until now ..

confusing stuff .. on the main dv page they say "MAY BE" and on the confirmation page of ESC they say "WILL BE"
i am confused .. dont have any high hopes thou .. :( coz i can hardly see any winners until now ..
My bro its out of humans error which DOS has shown us here.The correct words there is MAYBE not WILL BE according to DOS website.But either way its all thesame

My bro its out of humans error which DOS has shown us here.The correct words there is MAYBE not WILL BE according to DOS website.But either way its all thesame

Schoolboy - after entering one's confirmation number and all the other info - DOS says "WILL BE" which has a totally different meaning than 'MAYBE'. If I say "I may be going to the movies later" and "I will be going to the movies later" is two different statements. DOS use of the words "WILL BE" is probably to give people hope.......just find this a bit strange.

Hi all,

I tried just now and the website was responding perfectly, I guess the traffic has dropped off considerably since yesterday.

I was not selected either.

Has anyone solved the confusing discrepancy between:

Code:
"DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you are not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State [U][B]may select[/B][/U] more DV 2013 entries on [U][B]October 1, 2012[/B][/U]."

And

Code:
"More entries [U][B]will be[/B][/U] selected in [U][B]early October 2012[/B][/U], so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time."

I really wish it was consistent, in English "may" and "will" determine two largely different outcomes, not to mention "Early October" and "October 1" mean two different time frames; one is exact, the other rather vague.

My thoughts on this: I'd rather just find out I was not selected, than told I was selected and it was a screw up like last year. At the same time this "May/Will" could have been better explained, and the consequences vis-à-vis interviews and time schedules for those that are selected in this possible/maybe next round.

Hi

I agree with your concerns, especially the time frame issues just in case I 'might' be selected in October.

It's interesting you know that, tonight, I expected the forums to now be full of excitement from selectees sharing their news and plans and questions of what to do next.

Instead, there is an undercurrent of "there don't seem to be enough winners" and "something doesn't seem quite right", added to the speculation regarding October.

I do wish there was a little more information but I suspect that, with my disappointment mixed in with this curiosity, my questions will only prolong what I need to face up to. I'm not in! :)

Q

It's interesting you know that, tonight, I expected the forums to now be full of excitement from selectees sharing their news and plans and questions of what to do next.

Instead, there is an undercurrent of "there don't seem to be enough winners" and "something doesn't seem quite right", added to the speculation regarding October.

The forum is quiet. I've heard of 2 people in the forum that have been selected (one twice from last year, oshin I believe), the other was the father of a Moderator, and one other person outside this forum. I have not personally verified anyone's win though. Maybe it's quite simple; the selectees of DV-2013 found there own-language forums to get help from, or simply haven't joined up to ask yet, because you're right, it doesn't seem as lively as last year.

I do wish there was a little more information but I suspect that, with my disappointment mixed in with this curiosity, my questions will only prolong what I need to face up to. I'm not in! :)

I wish it was just over and done with for this year, dragging it on to October is frustrating for two reasons; one it doesn't seem to have been done before, I can't find any evidence of multiple batches being released in DV-2003 or DV-2007 as said in another thread, and secondly it's another long wait for something that may not even happen.

........ and secondly it's another long wait for something that may not even happen.

This point strikes home in particular with me. We are contemplating a move, either within our state or interstate. We were holding off on that until the decision yesterday, as spending vasts amounts of money moving house wouldn't be wise if we were selected.

Now, with this "maybe" of October, it could still prove to be a lot of money spent just before a 'possible' selection.

I need to move on and not have this hanging over me, yet I still want to enter the lottery and hope to be selected.

Participating in a lottery with a definitive end date is one thing I can handle, ambiguity on the other hand is just causing more headaches at the moment. I suspect we will just move and be done with it; for all I know it could be 5 more years of entering.

Q

The forum is quiet. I've heard of 2 people in the forum that have been selected (one twice from last year, oshin I believe), the other was the father of a Moderator, and one other person outside this forum. I have not personally verified anyone's win though. Maybe it's quite simple; the selectees of DV-2013 found there own-language forums to get help from, or simply haven't joined up to ask yet, because you're right, it doesn't seem as lively as last year.

Yes, I've been selected. Details of my postings are on another topic forum here on this site. I think people (who have been selected) might be hesitant to say anything just in case there's a glitch like last year. I am holding my excitement low for now regarding my DV2013 selection, while at the meantime, working on my DV2012 application - which I just learned about my selection a few days ago.

Best of luck everyone!

Yes, I've been selected. Details of my postings are on another topic forum here on this site. I think people (who have been selected) might be hesitant to say anything just in case there's a glitch like last year. I am holding my excitement low for now regarding my DV2013 selection, while at the meantime, working on my DV2012 application - which I just learned about my selection a few days ago.

Best of luck everyone!

u have been selected twice consectively?! WTF

Not selected!

For me and 14 other people that I check, All of us "NOT SELECTED"!!!:(

It is really bad that about 24 hours after 1/May noon time there is nothing!

God knows what is happening in DOS? Why should they select for second round?

Our results indicate that we were placed in the random drawing. If more persons will be selected, will DoS place all of us back in the pool and conduct a 2nd drawing? If yes, this will mean that they have given us two chances? Doesn't seems likely....If yes, at which point/date the 2nd drawing will take place as they will have to sort out/verify all of the winning applications which historically takes time?

Also, have DoS already selected additional people but have not yet released their results thus they got the message "entry has not been selected..."? This seems to be likely. Lastly, is there a second batch/list of backup winners that already exists? If yes, why release their results on October 1 and prolong the ones that were not selected yesterday?

Nevertheless, the number of reported winners are low. I cannot seem to connect the dots of the outcome of DV-2013 (I guess no one can).:confused:

I am not holding my breath for October as I feel that the results will remain the same. Sadly, October will mark one year we have been waiting on the final results!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Result is really Belong to you!

My Friends,
DOS corrected the problem of showing results. I mean in the past when you entered Confirmation number, Family, Year of Birth and If you enter everything wrong in the boxes then It show the same message that "Has NOT BEEN SELECTED" But this year they correct the problem and if you enter wrong things (NOT correct information) then It shows you the error and it means the results are belong to you and correct!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's potentially quiet because most of those who win find these forums *after* they win.

That said, we will see. I'd love to know, however - for those who have won.. what is your #.. in the 000's, low hundreds etc?

It's possible that for workload purposes they've only released enough for 25,000 winners for example.. I'd imagine they got overwhelmed last year.

I think it's potentially quiet because most of those who win find these forums *after* they win.

That said, we will see. I'd love to know, however - for those who have won.. what is your #.. in the 000's, low hundreds etc?

It's possible that for workload purposes they've only released enough for 25,000 winners for example.. I'd imagine they got overwhelmed last year.

guys dont be sad its about luck.dont loose hope on making your dream

My Friend,
just 2 hours after opening result I came to this forum and I saw 365 people watching this DV thread! How many winners are among those 365?! It is really quite this year.

My Friend,
just 2 hours after opening result I came to this forum and I saw 365 people watching this DV thread! How many winners are among those 365?! It is really quite this year.

I agree with lord and I agree with you too. I remember 600+ people viewing the DV lottery forum overall. However, out of them there was just 30 registered forum members. The others might have won and didn't bother to register. That being said, I think too few are reporting successful selection. We'll know more in a couple of days/weeks, when maybe some new members will report.