hamburgers and asylees

niki_bb said:
are asylees allowed to eat hamburgers?
the posts on this board are getting pretty dumb

I'm not sure what USCIS will think about it. It might delay the proccesing of adjustment so I wouldn't recommend.

niki_bb said:

It's a grey area with no solid answer. We've been arguing about this issue since day one. Please, no more.. If the immigration officer is in a good mood, he'll let you through.. if not, he will put a hamburger logo on your I-94!

but i am confused. what does that mean. should i go for it anyway. the INS has no way of knowing if i have eaten them or not. Also i heard that some hamburger joints require possitive identification. Should I use RTD, NP or tempo GC.
How about McDonalds? Do they let you slide? OR maybe out of state establishments?

thnaks

Asylees are scared of their shadows so what do you expect? In reality, everyone is scared of immigraton..no one wants to piss of the BIG Brother who controls everyone work and day-day life...

Anyone who is a non-citizen thinks of being a Citizen every second of their life..Soo its valid that some ppl ask stupid questions....

wantmygcnow said:
Asylees are scared of their shadows so what do you expect? In reality, everyone is scared of immigraton..no one wants to piss of the BIG Brother who controls everyone work and day-day life...

Anyone who is a non-citizen thinks of being a Citizen every second of their life..Soo its valid that some ppl ask stupid questions....

You didn't say what u think about hamburgers and waht is a safest legal way for us to enjoy them.

I would just make sure to order them well done, especially if you are from certain parts of the world. We don't want to display any nasty habits, or the govt to think we are blood thirsty during the citizenship or GC interview.

EspressoJoy said:
I would just make sure to order them well done, especially if you are from certain parts of the world. We don't want to display any nasty habits, or the govt to think we are blood thirsty during the citizenship or GC interview.

Very clever thought. It really can provoke USCIS to deport us. I'm starting to think of becoming a vegeterian.

niki_bb said:
Please consult your immigration lawyer, and make sure you consult a GOOD and knowledgeble lawyer! But sometimes I felt that we knew much more than those lawyers.

Who knows?

It depends. Like all things, it is open to interpretations and constitutes a grey area. We might have to set up a Commission to investigate and come up with recommendations. One thing is certain: such questions are too complicated for the geniuses at the INS.

Let's look at the pros and cons : it may be deemed very "American" to eat burgers, therefore it might expedite the adjustment process. On the other hand, eating burgers may open one up to charges of pretending to be an "American" under false pretenses (i.e. before receiving the necessary papers).

We may also argue that only those asylees that have presented "corroborating evidence" that they are hungry are allowed to eat burgers. Even better, only those persons that carry IDs that are in compliance with the REAL ID Act may call in at McDonalds.

For further assurance, I suggest we pose this question of immense importance to Mr. You Know Who, who claims to have an inside track to Congressional staffers to make sure that we are square about this. Maybe a definitive statement by Tom DeLay will put this issue to rest. Better safe than sorry.

Cheerio

niki_bb said:

Lol

henri97 said:
asylees should avoid eating hamburgers until becoming citizens.

:)

You are all WRONG !!!!

I read it somewhere, it was rather legit; asylees CAN eat hamburgers only at partisipating locations.

So it's all good, go ahead and enjoy those juicy burgers, watch out for the Mad Cow though !!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

E

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you eat a hamburger make sure that the ham inside was not imported from the country of claimed persecution, otherwise it will be assumed that you abandoned your asylee status in th US.

to increase your chances of getting a GC make sure you order Freedom Fries instead of French fries, it is absolutely necessary that you ask cashier for receipt, to provide evidence during your interview with IO.

I also heard that u can apply for Hamburgers Authorization Document (HAD) which will alow u to eat hambergers for one year, after which you have to apply for another one. But u may be denied for any reasons if INS will consider u to be not eligible to eat hamburgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang or Choke

I think wantmygcnow has a friend who was found eating burgers and was deported on the spot!

His friend was crying and wailing that it was better if he had "hanged" himself or if the fat in the burger choked him to death!

ayyubov said:
You didn't say what u think about hamburgers and waht is a safest legal way for us to enjoy them.

Guys I recieved RFE today requesting the number of hamburgers I had while in USA. The letter also states that the number should not be more than the sum of all the digits my A number contains.

How come

TortFeasor said:
I think wantmygcnow has a friend who was found eating burgers and was deported on the spot!

His friend was crying and wailing that it was better if he had "hanged" himself or if the fat in the burger choked him to death!

How come something like that happened!!! That guy must be hanged for doing that, eating Hamburgers? was it on a public spot? I'll strongly recommend to take him to court, personally recommend to include Dr Crap in the jury, he has shown to be a centered, reasonable person. Also Mr. Important and his GT Law friends that have lunch with him twice a week can be very helpful to prevent this guy to get GC an Citizenship later on.

Regards to all

PS it was a long time with out coming to the forum, I can see that its been quiet for a while, what happened to Shamshon?