hai LUCYMO please help me-- about sevis

jhakas007

Registered Users (C)
Hai

i am now in France in a student visa, I got US F1 visa for 5 year in July 2006, for Fall 2006 semester but due to some problem i havnt attended that semester, I wanted to attend in Fall 2007 to the same university and program which i got visa. I received new Differ i-20 also, but in that sevis number is different.

Is i can travel to USA?
Or is i have to reapply for new visa.

please let me know

thanks in advance

jhakas
Edit/Delete Message

I had the same situation last year. Traveled with the same visa (issued to attend a particular school) and new I-20 (from the same school as the visa) and it worked. You might want to double check with US consulate in France though to be 100% sure.

Thanks Mermaid06

thanks for your valuable information, i checked with embassy in france, they said i can travel on the same visa.

I have one more doubt, my visa issued on 18th July 2006 -- is i have to leave US before 18th July 2007?

can you let me know

thanks in advance

Hai mermaid

I would like to ask one thing before travelling US is i need to transfer old sevis fee to new sevis id?

please reply me
thanks once again

visa is a permission to enter. I-20 is your permission to stay as long as you maintain your F-1 status. That means that you don't need to leave when your visa expires.

I don't know much about SEVIS fees and their transfers.