HADRON OR anyone else please comment

rajimg

Registered Users (C)
I work as a Research Associate. My labor certification was approved last year,and I-140 has not been filed yet ,department has assured me that they will not withdraw my petetion if I pursue residency here (depending on if I get in in the first place). I plan to file I-140 and complete residency on H1B extensions (6yrs finish end 2008) and return to my current position after 4 years to complete the Green Card process.

Is my above plan for doing residency on H1-B extensions legally possible? Are there any pitfalls etc. or steps that I need to take to ensure smooth sailing?

or should I give up the process since I am from India and go on J1.

Hi Hadron

I am in a similar position..please help...I140 approved..I485 pending and currently working as primary care doc and i got a very competitve fellowship...i would definitley like to go on tot he fellowship...lawyer said since i have applied for GC, i am not eligible for a J1...dont know if the employer withdraws my petition if I join fellowship...if he doesnt then can i do fellowship on H1 extensions......Does everyone get RFE's on I485 adjudication...waht r my options here?????please respond...

GC if for a future job

as long as your sponsoring employer has the position open and on offer to you, that should be fine. join them once you have a GC

ask your attorney!