Had my interview before I140 is approved...anyone similar experience...any advise?!

sigh007

Registered Users (C)
Both I140 and I485 have been transferred to the local phoenix office. This is weird as local CIS office does not have jurisdiction over I140. :confused: Has anyone seen this before? What does it mean? Will appreciate if any of you could shed some lights.

I485 transferred to local office guess due to DUI. Had my interview two days ago though. Everything went well and due to no I140 approval notice and EB3 number retrogression, so 485 is pending for now.

I told my lawyer to start tracking my I140 and finds out what’s going on and she said that she will do that in Oct 1 since EB3 numbers are not available and can’t do anything about it. I told her that EB3 number has no impact on I140 and she should start asap so no further paperwork delay when EB3 numbers become current comes Oct. She reluctantly agrees to pursue 140 in mid Sept.

I would like to do something about it rather than waiting on my lawyer. Anyone has any advise as what action should I take next?

EB3/CSC
I140+485 RD: 10/08/2004 ND: 10/14/2004
I140 LUD: 04/18/2005
I485 LUD: 03/25/2005

I am in the same boat

sigh007 said:
Both I140 and I485 have been transferred to the local phoenix office. This is weird as local CIS office does not have jurisdiction over I140. :confused: Has anyone seen this before? What does it mean? Will appreciate if any of you could shed some lights.

I485 transferred to local office guess due to DUI. Had my interview two days ago though. Everything went well and due to no I140 approval notice and EB3 number retrogression, so 485 is pending for now.

I told my lawyer to start tracking my I140 and finds out what’s going on and she said that she will do that in Oct 1 since EB3 numbers are not available and can’t do anything about it. I told her that EB3 number has no impact on I140 and she should start asap so no further paperwork delay when EB3 numbers become current comes Oct. She reluctantly agrees to pursue 140 in mid Sept.

I am having the same issue with INS. My RD is very close to you as well, RD=oct-5th 2004 EB3. I also have a DUI and I had the interview in July-21-2005...everything looked good and the officer told me that my I-140 has NOT been approved yet...I don't understand this, why did I get the interview then...I don't know what to do...
Later

I would like to do something about it rather than waiting on my lawyer. Anyone has any advise as what action should I take next?

EB3/CSC

I am in the same boat as you

I am having the same issue with INS. My RD is very close to you as well, RD=oct-5th 2004 EB3. I also have a DUI and I had the interview in July-21-2005...everything looked good and the officer told me that my I-140 has NOT been approved yet...I don't understand this, why did I get the interview then...I don't know what to do...it is very fraustrating because my company is going through a merger and I am not sure what kind of effect this would have on my case...THE ONLY THING YU CAN DO IS TO CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMAN...They might be able to help...I am glad that you've posted your case on this website so we can track these kind of cases...
Later

Hi lor,

My lawyer mentioned that once after the interview, they will not verify the employment so hopefully the merger won't have impact on your case since you already had your interview.

Hang in there and hope that soon our I140 will be approved without anymore issues. Let's keep each other posted.

Anyone had similar experience and already had I140 approved? Care to share and it will be great help! Thanks.

Thanks

sigh007 said:
Hi lor,

My lawyer mentioned that once after the interview, they will not verify the employment so hopefully the merger won't have impact on your case since you already had your interview.

Hang in there and hope that soon our I140 will be approved without anymore issues. Let's keep each other posted.

Anyone had similar experience and already had I140 approved? Care to share and it will be great help! Thanks.

Sure, I'll keep you posted of any changes on my case...
Regards,

btw you can track yourself if u have the case nos

sigh007 said:

EB3/CSC

immigration web site

Are you talking about the immigration web site? Yes, I am already set up for that. Let me know if you know of any other sources... Thanks

In phoenix, you can send a fax or letter to Sen. McCain's office to get status if you like. They're pretty fast at getting a response (few days). For your 140, you might be able to use the CSC emergency number if that still works. The employer and/or lawyer (if it's the same that did 140) could also call that number. Did the officer say they were sending the file back to CSC to do the 140?

Hi Maybesomeday

Maybesomeday, thanks for taking the time to respond.

My I140, that's the thing I am getting confused with. Since the online case status is saying that it has been transferred to local phoenix office, can I still call CSC? By the way, what's CSC emergency number?

As far as my I485, the officer who interviewed me said that she was going to send my file back to CSC. She said she had no idea what was up with my I140 but she called for the interview in any case. In the event, does that mean that if I get my I140 approval notice, they are going to send the file back to local phoenix office again? Or CSC will approval both my I140 and I1485 later if everything is a go?

maybesomeday said:
In phoenix, you can send a fax or letter to Sen. McCain's office to get status if you like. They're pretty fast at getting a response (few days). For your 140, you might be able to use the CSC emergency number if that still works. The employer and/or lawyer (if it's the same that did 140) could also call that number. Did the officer say they were sending the file back to CSC to do the 140?

They will send it back to csc

sigh007 said:
Maybesomeday, thanks for taking the time to respond.

My I140, that's the thing I am getting confused with. Since the online case status is saying that it has been transferred to local phoenix office, can I still call CSC? By the way, what's CSC emergency number?

As far as my I485, the officer who interviewed me said that she was going to send my file back to CSC. She said she had no idea what was up with my I140 but she called for the interview in any case. In the event, does that mean that if I get my I140 approval notice, they are going to send the file back to local phoenix office again? Or CSC will approval both my I140 and I1485 later if everything is a go?

Yes, they will send your file back to csc for i-140 processing...after that is done along with your FBI clearance and A numbers are in then you can be approved...I am in the same boat and I got this info through my congressman's rep who contacted INS on my behalf

Regards

Update

Hi Lor,

Any update on your end? No update on 140 for mine. There is an update on 485 case status online though:

On August 29, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Guess CSC has received the 485 file from local district office. So from what you were suggesting, it is probably in the process to run the name check. Is there any way I can find out for sure?

Same here

sigh007 said:
Hi Lor,

Any update on your end? No update on 140 for mine. There is an update on 485 case status online though:

On August 29, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Guess CSC has received the 485 file from local district office. So from what you were suggesting, it is probably in the process to run the name check. Is there any way I can find out for sure?

I got exactly the same message in Sep-1st. I called the 1-800 umber and the person suggested that they are trying to approve my case by Sep-21. I don't know where he got that from. I have sent an email to I-140 division and I haven't heard anything back. The emergency phone number doesn't answer my questions because I am not the attorney...thats all. I'll keep you posted on this. Let me know if you hear anything from them as well. thanks

I also have a similar case..
See my signature. My case was transferred to Philadelphia local office from Texas in July 2004. Had an interview in Jan 2005 for self and spouse. The officer said he cannot do anything b'cause the 140 was not apporoved and he would send it to Vermont for processing. Employer called the 800 # to check the status and got the same old msg that it was transferred to Philli in July 2004.
Went to Philli for a status check 2 months back, they could find the 485 case but they could not track my 140. I am hoping that its transferred to Vermont. Haven't seen any LUD changes on 140 and 485 since Dec 2004.

EB3
I140 RD: 6/10/2004, AD ???
485 RD: 6/10/2004, AD ??

Lor, that is great news! Do keep us posted comes Sept 21.

Fromhyd, that doesn't sound too good if the status remains unchanged for so long since your interview. Mine had one update on 485's since the interview. 140 has no update though. You should have your employer called VSC and check if they receive any info from Philli office after the interview.

sigh007 said:
Lor, that is great news! Do keep us posted comes Sept 21.

Fromhyd, that doesn't sound too good if the status remains unchanged for so long since your interview. Mine had one update on 485's since the interview. 140 has no update though. You should have your employer called VSC and check if they receive any info from Philli office after the interview.
Thanks sigh...,
I dont know the direct # for VSC. My employer called the 800 # again the second time after 30 days yesterday. Hope they dont send the same old message again and try to do something.

call your representative

Fromhyd said:
Thanks sigh...,
I dont know the direct # for VSC. My employer called the 800 # again the second time after 30 days yesterday. Hope they dont send the same old message again and try to do something.

Hi Fromhyd,
You MUST call your representative and have them inquire about your case (I-140). This doesn't sound right. I called my representative a month after my interview and I think that is what triggered it. Couple of days later my i-485 message changed. My online message changed in Aug-05 so I will call my representative in late Sep for more update.
Good luck

I got a RFE for my case :(

Hi all,
Unfortunately, I got a RFE. Does anyone know what it could be about????Please let me know. Thanks

Lor

It's a request from USCIS for furthur information needed to adjudicate your case. You have to get your employer/lawyer to respond to the RFE asap. What evidence are they requesting btw? Is this for your 140 or 485?

it is my I-140

sigh007 said:
It's a request from USCIS for furthur information needed to adjudicate your case. You have to get your employer/lawyer to respond to the RFE asap. What evidence are they requesting btw? Is this for your 140 or 485?

What evidence could they be asking for???the only thing we had merger recently...