Had my Asylum interview, it went badly, and now I am waiting for the results

Final approval/i-94/ead received today

HELLO GUYS.... I JUST GOT MY FINAL APPROVAL IN THE MAIL .....HERE IS MY TIME LINE FOR THOSE STILL WAITING:

5/2012 - Filed I-589

7/2012 - Interview Done

8/15/2012 - Case Status Changed in USCIS Website

8/15/2012 - Received final approval in the mail, new I-94 Card, and EAD

Thank you guys for all your support, any questions please ask and i will be happy to answer..... i was expectying to wait for months ... am so happy i got my final approval so soon.

Good luck to everyone still waiting

HELLO GUYS.... I JUST GOT MY FINAL APPROVAL IN THE MAIL .....HERE IS MY TIME LINE FOR THOSE STILL WAITING:

5/2012 - Filed I-589

7/2012 - Interview Done

8/15/2012 - Case Status Changed in USCIS Website

8/15/2012 - Received final approval in the mail, new I-94 Card, and EAD

Thank you guys for all your support, any questions please ask and i will be happy to answer..... i was expectying to wait for months ... am so happy i got my final approval so soon.

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Well done, Jamaica 1. Congratulations! :) I knew you'd pull through.....

Well done, Jamaica 1. Congratulations! :) I knew you'd pull through.....

Hi guys,

I had my interview last week, and now I have to go to the office on Wed Oct 3rd to get my decision. I did apply thru the San Francisco Office, again the officer had no clue about gay stuff.. I was interrupted many times because he had to typpe.. Now.. I am so anxious for next week. any advice ?
How can I check my status ?

You can check the status by putting your receipt number in the USCIS website. But if they don't change your decision date in the last minute, it is not bad to wait until october 3rd. Good luck to you and What is your COP?

Io

Hello guys!
Had my interview last week, didnt go well, screwed up on some info :(
Have a question: does the officer who was interviewing make a decision on his own, or there are some people making a decision?
Thank you! Good luck to everybody!

Hello guys!
Had my interview last week, didnt go well, screwed up on some info :(
Have a question: does the officer who was interviewing make a decision on his own, or there are some people making a decision?
Thank you! Good luck to everybody!

Supposedly your interviewing officer will make the decision but the Supervisory officer will review for accuracy. Sometimes they have the Quality Assurance officers at HQ to review the decision.
Will you pick up your decision in 2 weeks or they will mail it? At the end of the interview the officer will tell you that.
Also what didn't go well? you don't have to be specific but in general terms you can share.
Good luck!

asylum_seeker, thank you for your reply!

Officer said they will mail it, but didnt give any time frames, even though I had asked about it.

The screw ups were about the info in my visa application not matching same info in 589. One point I kinda covered, when first said different info, but the second one wasnt able to cover. So basically at the embassy was a true info, but here I totally forgot about it - no lie on purpose - and didnt put it in the 589, so got caught on that one. :( Dumb. Info not about asylum, more about personal things.

Waiting after asylum interview...????

Hi folks,
I had my interview done on August 8 2012. I was initially told to pick up my decision after 2 weeks. But on the day I was supposed to pick up the decision, I got a call from the Asylum office that my decision will be mailed to me. It's been 2 months since my interview and don't have any ideas what's going on. I've been checking with EOIR but when I enter my A# it says my case cannot be found. I checked with the asylum office but they say they cannot give me any information regarding my case. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

i was in legal status in usa and got my decision in two weeks, so it doesn't matter i think if you are legal or illegal, atleast with my experience it wasn,t the case

Am back again afte rtaking a short break >>>>>> ANy questions that you think I may be able to help with feel free to ask

Is USCIS website update on EAD definite approval

Hi all,

I just checked the USCIS website with my Z number and it says....we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
I never applied for EAD and its been 12 days since my asylum interview.Is the above update a guarantee that its a final approval? Any chance that its anything else, pls help

Sorry to hear that i had a same situation. My case was real but i act not too good when i was interviewed with an officers. I'd recommend you to be patient and pray for almighty God and be prepared for the next step. Dont you be worry. US will not deport you unless you've any criminal cases in US.

check case

hey ,i would like to know how did you manage to check your case status after the interview?...did enter your receipt from EAD card or what????

how to check status

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you guys know that i have been checking my case status on the USCIS WEBSITE ever since i went to my interview. Everytime i checked, it told me that my case cannot be found .....

.....however today i checked and i saw a message, it is below:

"""On August 15, 2012, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our Intake Processing Center. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."""

Does this mean that they have approved my case and will soon send ne the documents in the mail ????

>>>>>Very Sick too ... with the flu ..... not able to log on much

hey man how did you manage to check the status after interview?,is it by entering EAD receipt number?