H4B Appointment in Mumbai

hankles

Hi,

I will appreciate some guidance on the process to obtain appointment for H4B visa interview at Mumbai Consulate.

Question is - Can my fiance apply for appointment to appear for H4B interview before the marriage?

I am hoping she reserves an interview appointment the next day after wedding and we could visit Mumbai to obtain the visa. Guidelines on US Consulate webpage are not very clear (or at least I didn't find) whether she can or cannot apply for appointment before wedding.

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

hankles said:
Hi,

I will appreciate some guidance on the process to obtain appointment for H4B visa interview at Mumbai Consulate.

Question is - Can my fiance apply for appointment to appear for H4B interview before the marriage?
----------------NO, she need to get married to you so that she becomes eligible for H4 visa and can produce wedding photographs, marriage certificate. FYI Mumbai consulate also needs spouse name added on her passport
I am hoping she reserves an interview appointment the next day after wedding and we could visit Mumbai to obtain the visa. Guidelines on US Consulate webpage are not very clear (or at least I didn't find) whether she can or cannot apply for appointment before wedding.

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

H4B Appointment

Hi,
I may not have been clear in my first question. My query is, can my fiance obtain an appointment now in order to appear for interview after marriage?

hankles said:
Hi,
I may not have been clear in my first question. My query is, can my fiance obtain an appointment now in order to appear for interview after marriage?
-------------- I think she becomes eligible for H4 visa stamp interview only after marriage

No

No She can't. H4 is dependent visa. SInce you are not yet married, in fact, she is not married to you, she wont get visa.

I not sure but logically and more obvious than not- she should be able to go ahead and get an appointment.

This has been really confusing. So the question here is that "Can I get the appointment (the date of which is after the marriage date) before marriage" ??

Anybody has an answer ??

Short answer; YES, you CAN register for an interview appointment prior to getting married. There is nothing stopping you from doing that.

There has been so much contention here. Somebody says yes, somebody says no. Probably not taking into account the visa office. I am referring to mumbai vfs