H4

AMS2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello Sir / Madam,

Recently my wife and son got H4 VISA stamped in their passport in India in Company A. I am working in US on H1B, I have applied for transfer of my H1 from Company A to Company B. All I need to know is if my wife and my son lands here should she say that I hve applied for transfer of H1 and should she submit my transfer H1 filing receipt. What is the procedure.

Thanks

No. Not necessary. generally they dont bother H4 holders. Just make sure that as soon as they enter US, they file for H4 transfers and do not leave US until they get the H4 transfer approvals...

H1 VISA

Hello,

I am in US since Aug 2002. When I entered US I was with employer 'A', After two month I joined with employer 'B' and started working with employer 'B's client.

I have filed my Tax return FOR 2002 under Employer 'B'.

Since I joined employer 'B' I applied for Visa transfer for the same on Oct 15, 2002. Now I got my H1 approved petition stating that my "Class Consulate or POE" H1B1 CHENNAI.

My earlier visa under employer 'A' expires on September 30, 2003.

Now my question is should I go to INDIA for stamping or can I send my Passport for stamping here in USA itself.

Do I need to send I-824 FORM along with the passport or else just sending Passport for stamping is enough.

Kindly clarify me.

Thanks.

Did you get the I94 with the new approval? If yes, you can file at St.Louis for revalidation.
If not, you need to get a new I94 immediately or if previous visa has expired go to chennai and get the stamp.
I824 might not be required, if your previous company visa was stamped in chennai.

Did you get the I94 with the new approval? If yes, you can file at St.Louis for revalidation.
If not, you need to get a new I94 immediately or if previous visa has expired go to chennai and get the stamp.
I824 might not be required, if your previous company visa was stamped in chennai.

No I did not get I94 with new approval... My previous visa with my previous employer 'A' is still valid till September 30th 2003. My previous Visa was stamped in chennai only.

Can I go ahead n file in St. Louis now or what is ur suggestion.

Thanks.

The validity of your status in USA is determined by the date in I94.
so you have to leave usa to get the new I94 before the old I94 expires otherwise you are out of status (even if you have a valid H1B notice or visa stamp)

Meow

Is there any other alternative way to get NEW I94 before my current I94 expires on september 30, 2003 without leaving USA.