H4 visa renew, VFS put cancelled last time

marooti

Registered Users (C)
When my wife went to india last time she gave her papers to VFS in Mumbai for H4 stamping. But the Passport photo dimensions were not correct so VFS delayed her stamping. She also had Advanced Parole at the time. Due to shortage of time she just withdrew her file for H4 stamping and came to US on Advanced Parole. But VFS put a cancelled stamped on her already expired visa.
Now, my green card is in a limbo (I140 got denied) and my wife wishes to travel to india and get her H4 visa stamped again. My question is, will she have any problem getting a new stamping because VFS put a cancelled stamp on her old H4 visa stamping?

Thanks-

marooti said:
When my wife went to india last time she gave her papers to VFS in Mumbai for H4 stamping. But the Passport photo dimensions were not correct so VFS delayed her stamping. She also had Advanced Parole at the time. Due to shortage of time she just withdrew her file for H4 stamping and came to US on Advanced Parole.
But VFS put a cancelled stamped on her already expired visa.
---- that is not a problem becase even DOS in US used to stamp the past visa with "Cancelled without prejudice"

Now, my green card is in a limbo (I140 got denied) and my wife wishes to travel to india and get her H4 visa stamped again.
My question is, will she have any problem getting a new stamping because VFS put a cancelled stamp on her old H4 visa stamping?
---- not becase of "VFS put a cancelled stamp on her old H4 "
Thanks-

Ginnu,
I talked to my wife and she said the cancellation stamping on the visa was done at Port of Entry in Detroit. The stamping says "Cancelled DET - Application Withdrwan".
Will this have any impact on her getting the new visa stamping from Mumbai Consulate.

Thanks-

marooti said:
Ginnu,
I talked to my wife and she said the cancellation stamping on the visa was done at Port of Entry in Detroit. The stamping says "Cancelled DET - Application Withdrwan".
Will this have any impact on her getting the new visa stamping from Mumbai Consulate.

Thanks-
some info is missing in your post. do you mean that her valid visa stamp was cancelled when she left US? one dont face POE officer when you go out of US

ginnu said:
some info is missing in your post. do you mean that her valid visa stamp was cancelled when she left US? one dont face POE officer when you go out of US

Ginnu,
The cancellation stamping was done when she CAME BACK from India and landed in Detroit. NOT when she was leaving from US to India. She used her AP to get into US.

marooti said:
Ginnu,
The cancellation stamping was done when she CAME BACK from India and landed in Detroit. NOT when she was leaving from US to India.

She used her AP to get into US.
---- she used AP that is why the POE officer cancelled her expired Visa stamp on passport.no problem with that cancellation stamp that Visa stamp was expired.