H4 visa , mumbai, D@ 156 question

hypersphere

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Can I apply for an appointement for the H4 visa interview without getting married? I intend to get married on dec 8th and file for H4 on dec 16th. Can i seek an appointment on dec 2nd or so?
If yes, how do i fill the DS 156? As a Sinlge status or a married status?

Another question: I recently bumped into posts saying visa appointments at chennai are full till dec! Does the same apply for mumbai? Wont all this chaps be floacking to mumbai?
Thanks
In advance
Hyper

Hi all,
Can I apply for an appointement for the H4 visa interview without getting married?
--- NO
I intend to get married on dec 8th and file for H4 on dec 16th. Can i seek an appointment on dec 2nd or so?
----- Apply or get interview after you have marriage certificate, marriage photographs and marriage certificate and if it is Mumbai consulate your spouse name should be added on your passport or get new passport with married name from passport office to avoid any problems because Mumbai consulate needs it
If yes, how do i fill the DS 156? As a Sinlge status or a married status?
--- married status after your marriage and all documents to prove that you got married to XYZ
Another question: I recently bumped into posts saying visa appointments at chennai are full till dec! Does the same apply for mumbai? Wont all this chaps be floacking to mumbai?

-- Check the Mumbai consulate website I don’t think Mumbai has backlog

Sorry if there is a confusion. What I meant to ask was : Can I schedule an appointment before i get married (not take the interview, just apply to schedule an interview)? In that, if i get married on 8th and decided to take the interview for H4 on 16th, can i apply for scehduling an interview before 8th?

Thanks for the earlier respoonse. It did answer my question on endorsement.

Yes !

You could take an appointment before but you need to get married before you take the interview for Spouse visa :)

Thanks,
But that brings us back to the same question. I need to submit form DS 156, to schedule an interview. How can I sign the DS-156 claiming that I am married when in reality i am not? Techinically, i can clim a married staus on the DS-156 only after I really get married. Might talk to the counsular but dont expect them to reply on the phone or repond to emails. hence the question here.
Any comments?
Thanks for the response once again.

You will have to be married at the time of filing DS-156. If you are not married and say that you are on the application, it will be rejected for wilfully providing incorrect information.

As of July there was not backlog at BOM. Applied on Fri and got the apt. for Tuesday.

Also I would not file wrong info. on the forms.

Thx,

alren