H4 visa from Islamabad

sanishik

Registered Users (C)
I have questions/ concerns about my wife's H4 from Islamabad. I hope any brother from board can help me resolve my concern.

Here is my scenario December 07 I was in Khi to attain my brother's wedding few days after I had my nikkah done a day before my coming back to US. I plan to have rukhsati in end of July08.
My 6th year H1 is expiring in Dec08 and my perm is approved in EB2. My attorney suggested me to only file I-40 (which was filed in May08) and hold I-485 until august to file it together with my wife.

My questions:

1- Tax 07 - I already submited my tax as head of household adding my mother as dependent.
Since nikkah happen last year. Do I have to add my spouse? and change filling status to married instead of head of household.
Will it be issue for my spouse if visa officer looks in tax return docs that I did not add her as my spouse and I file tax as head of household?

Should I send amendment to my tax or leave it as it is?

2- Did anyone applied for immigration for you (my wife): What should I put here should it be no. My I-140 is filed and my wife's name is in it but I-485 is not filed yet.

3- Pictures- Unfortunately my nikkah happen so fast and quite way that I do not have any pictures of the occasion.I know VO always ask for pics. Should the pic from mehndi, rukhsati, and valima be enough? how does the folks who did phone nikkah manage this situation?

Please help .

That is sexist. What if a female forum members wants to help you out?

I hope any brother from board can help me resolve my concern.

A1: I would advise you to amend your tax return
A2: I would agree with you, put No as the answer to that question
A3: Can't help you there. I had my civil ceremony in the US in a court house a few days before my nikah. Bear in mind, a hardlined officer may bring up the issue of consummation.

1- Should I send amendment to my tax or leave it as it is?

2- Did anyone applied for immigration for you (my wife): What should I put here should it be no. My I-140 is filed and my wife's name is in it but I-485 is not filed yet.

3- Pictures- Unfortunately my nikkah happen so fast and quite way that I do not have any pictures of the occasion.I know VO always ask for pics. Should the pic from mehndi, rukhsati, and valima be enough? how does the folks who did phone nikkah manage this situation?

Please help .

Pictures- Unfortunately my nikkah happen so fast and quite way that I do not have any pictures of the occasion.I know VO always ask for pics. Should the pic from mehndi, rukhsati, and valima be enough? how does the folks who did phone nikkah manage this situation?
When eventually you will have the pictures for Mehandi, Rukhasti and Valima, it shouldn't matter if you don't have pictures for Nikkah. Remember the whole purpose of having pictures is to prove that it was a bona fide marriage. Again unless you are specifically asked to elaborate on Rukhasti and Nikkah etc, don't bring it up. Although you are considered married as per law of the land (Pak) but as Triple Citizen pointed out it could be questioned if the marriage was not consummated at the time of H4 application although chances are slim.