H4 Visa Entry into US

opensource

Registered Users (C)
I got married last year in May 2004. My wife got her H4 visa in September 2004 (valid till March 2006).

Due to some family problems, she could not join me till now (July 2005). I plan to bring her here in August 2005. Will she have any problems at the port of entry because she did not travel in 6 months after getting the visa?

Thank you for your advise.

opensource said:
I got married last year in May 2004. My wife got her H4 visa in September 2004 (valid till March 2006).

Due to some family problems, she could not join me till now (July 2005). I plan to bring her here in August 2005.
Will she have any problems at the port of entry because she did not travel in 6 months after getting the visa?
---------no problems
Thank you for your advise.

H4 visa stamp Name Error

Hello Gurus,

I am on H1 and My Wife recently joined me on H4. On her visa stamp, the annotation shows my name. This name is printed on visa in following format.

-------herLastName, myFirstName myMiddleInitial.

I have not seen anybody's H4 stamp so am not sure how annotation name should appear on her visa stamp. Should it be:
-------myLastName, myFirstName myMiddleInitial OR as printed in visa ?

If it is printed incorrectly,
Should it create any problem in future?
What steps should I follow to correct this?

Please clear my doubts if you are familiar with this.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great day.

sincerelyAsking said:
Hello Gurus,

I am on H1 and My Wife recently joined me on H4. On her visa stamp, the annotation shows my name. This name is printed on visa in following format.

-------herLastName, myFirstName myMiddleInitial.

I have not seen anybody's H4 stamp so am not sure how annotation name should appear on her visa stamp. Should it be:
-------myLastName, myFirstName myMiddleInitial OR as printed in visa ?

If it is printed incorrectly,
Should it create any problem in future?
What steps should I follow to correct this?

Please clear my doubts if you are familiar with this.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great day.
--------------- what is her name on the passport?? did she have passport from Maharashtra or Gujarat state becase they add husband name on passports and marriage certificate. if your Name is: Rajesh Khanna and her name is: Dimple ,then on her passport it will be dimple Rajesh Khanna
( surnme: Khanna, Name:dimple Rajesh)
and on her Visa will be: Khanna, Dimple Rajesh
I hope that helps!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name on H4.

Thanks for your reply.
Rajesh A. Khanna, Dimple kapadia.
Her name is printed correctly but in annotation where my name should be there as khanna, Rajesh A. but it is printed as kapadia, Rajesh A.
Is it wrong ? If it is, what should I Do ?
Thanks much.

sincerelyAsking said:
Thanks for your reply.
Rajesh A. Khanna, Dimple kapadia.
------------ where does the above appear? on her passport or Visa stamp??
Her name is printed correctly

but in annotation where my name should be there as khanna, Rajesh A.

but it is printed as kapadia, Rajesh A.
----------- that is wrong if YOUR name is Rajesh A Khanna AND your last name is not Kapadia , it shoud be Khanna Rajesh A ( that should be also on your H1 approval notice becase they print what is on your H1 petition or H1 approval notice as H4 is based on H1
Is it wrong ? If it is, what should I Do ?

------------ check your H1 approval it has EAC or WAC or LIN# and same should be on her Visa stamp if that is correct, I dont think you need to do anything if her name on passport and visa match
Thanks much.