h4 visa appointment forms to be filled out

newemployer

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to make an H4 appointment for my fiancee. I'll be bookin the slot this week. I am planning to fill out her forms myself since she doesnt have reliable internet connection. So my question is what all forms will do I need to fill out once I book a slot. I'll email her the forms and ask her fill'em up with pen and fax'em to me and I'll fill it out online. From the search I did we need to fill out DS156 and DS 157, are there any other forms? please let me know so that I can send those forms to her.

Thanks in advance

newemployer said:
I am trying to make an H4 appointment for my fiancee. I'll be bookin the slot this week. I am planning to fill out her forms myself since she doesnt have reliable internet connection. So my question is what all forms will do I need to fill out once I book a slot. I'll email her the forms and ask her fill'em up with pen and fax'em to me and I'll fill it out online. From the search I did we need to fill out DS156 and DS 157, are there any other forms? please let me know so that I can send those forms to her.

Thanks in advance
H4 is for Spouse and Not for fiancee. you need marriage certificate to get H4 visa for SPOUSE with the above forms fees. you can check VFS service site or particular US consulate site as you din not gave the info about consulate. Mumbai consulate in India may ask spouse passport with her married name

Last edited by a moderator:
h4 visa slot - forms to be filled out

She'll be appearing at Chennai Consulate and I was told Chennai consulate doesnt require marriage certificate for visa slot booking but when she goes for consuling she'll need to carry the marriage certificate along with other documents.

what other forms(other than DS156, DS157) are we supposed to fill out online when we book a slot??

Has there been any more info on this one whether you require a marriage certificate for taking the visa appointment ?

Has there been any more info on this one whether you require a marriage certificate for taking the visa appointment ?

why dont you call VFS service in Mumbai?

Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Opp. Mahalakshmi Temple,
Mumbai - 400026.
Application Centre counter timing: - 0800-1300 hours & 1400-1500 hour
For General Information email us at infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com or Call our regional helpline number at Mumbai 022 - 66547600
Our agents respond to phone calls between 0800-1300 & 1400-1700 Monday through Friday excluding all-India holidays observed by the US missions

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/ApplnCentres.aspx