H4 to H1 Stamping and 7th year extension stamping in matamoris, Mexico??

soori14

Registered Users (C)
Hello All
I am going to Matamoris Mexico for Visa stamping for both myself and my wife. My wife changed from H4B to H1B visa recently and i am currently on my 7th year extension both of us are from the same employer. My employer sent me the required documents but i wanted to check with you about the list of docuements required which i need to carry for the visa purpose to see if i am missing something. My appointment is on Dec 6th,2005. If anyone has been to the same consulate recently i will appreciate if you can share your experience with me. Can someone please provide information on this.

Thanks

Urgent..Please help..

I am still waiting for the response for my previous post. Also my current Visa has already expired on the passport. If, for any reason, Mexican consulates redirects my case to INDIA can i still enter back into USA and leave later. Please let me know. Also what are the forms which i need to fill and carry with me other than the documents. You help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Can you share your experience?

Hi Soori,
I am in the same situation as you and I have an appointment on 21 Feb at Tijuana.
Can you please share your experience?
My wife got a US masters degree and got H1 last year.

Thanks,
Venkat

soori14 said:
I am still waiting for the response for my previous post. Also my current Visa has already expired on the passport. If, for any reason, Mexican consulates redirects my case to INDIA can i still enter back into USA and leave later. Please let me know. Also what are the forms which i need to fill and carry with me other than the documents. You help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Without valid stamp, you can not enter the US. YOu need to fill out DS-156
for visa stamp.

kvrr said:
Hi Soori,
I am in the same situation as you and I have an appointment on 21 Feb at Tijuana.
Can you please share your experience?
My wife got a US masters degree and got H1 last year.

Thanks,
Venkat

Hi kvrr,
I have an appointment on Feb.8 at Tijuana, Mexico. May be we can work together, I mean, talk to each other and share information. Please let me know....Thanks

Hi Kvrr

Me and my wife went to Matamoris, MeXico and everything went well.
She was from H4 to H1 visa and i was on seventh year extension. They just asked if both of us are on H1 for which we said Yes and he then asked that both of us were working for the same company by looking at I797 and i told yes..he saw my previous Visa which expired 11/2 years ago which was with some other company..He asked if was changing the company to which i said Yes and that was pretty much it..I came outside the consulate by 11:15AM.
there were few questions at I94 like which countrie did i visit in last ten years, when did i visit US last time, my current address, my position, home phone number and etc...I also went to tijuana 4 years back in June 2001 and everything went well there too..I guess all these places IN MEXICO and Canada are really cool....

Has your wife finished 6 yrs on H4?

Im in a similar situation.I want to know if your wife applied to h1 after she completed 6 yrs on H4?

Regards
S

Is your wife's education from India?

soori14 said:
Hi Kvrr

She was from H4 to H1 visa and i was on seventh year extension. They just asked if both of us are on H1 for which we said Yes and he then asked that both of us were working for the same company by looking at I797 and i told yes..he saw my previous Visa which expired 11/2 years ago which was with some other company..He asked if was changing the company to which i said Yes and that was pretty much it..I came outside the consulate by 11:15AM.
there were few questions at I94 like which countrie did i visit in last ten years, when did i visit US last time, my current address, my position, home phone number and etc...I also went to tijuana 4 years back in June 2001 and everything went well there too..I guess all these places IN MEXICO and Canada are really cool....

Is your wife's education from India?

soori14 said:
Hi Kvrr

Hi Soori
My wife got a H1B Last year and her education is from India. She is going to Canada.Just wanted to know if you wife's education is from India or not?

soori14 said:
Hi Kvrr

Soori - Pls advise me which are the couple of good location for stamping. I am planning to come from LA. Also, I am assuming we will need a visitor visa? Is that a requirement even though I have a valid visa stamping at while returning i.e stamping is till March'06 and we are planning trip in feb'06. Pls advise ASAP so that I could plan. Many thanks!

also pls let me know where I can book an apointment for Mexico. nvar.com seems to be canada