H4 to H1 questions..Ginnu, others can u help

lsgv1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am on H4 and looking forward to file H1B. I do not come under the quota cap as i came under the cap some time back when i had H1.

I would appreciate if anyone can answer these question.

1. How long it will take to get Receipt and approval (from TSC) for premium processing now a days.

2. Can i work as soon as i get the receipt? OR do i have to wait till i get the approval?

For H1 transfer, i know that we can work as soon as we get the receipt, but i am not sure about the H4 to H1 COS.

Appreciate a quick reply..thanks

Hi,
I am on H4 and looking forward to file H1B. I do not come under the quota cap as i came under the cap some time back when i had H1.

I would appreciate if anyone can answer these question.

1. How long it will take to get Receipt and approval (from TSC) for premium processing now a days.

2. Can i work as soon as i get the receipt? OR do i have to wait till i get the approval?

For H1 transfer, i know that we can work as soon as we get the receipt, but i am not sure about the H4 to H1 COS.

Appreciate a quick reply..thanks

your employer can file H4 to H1 COS and at this time it may take more than 20 days to get filing reciept and approval may take 3-5 months.
for work you need to have H1 approval with I-94

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for the reply. I talked to my lawyer and and he is saying with the premium processing, we can get approval notice within 2 weeks.
Are you saying without premium processing it will take 3-5 months for approval?

Doesn't make sense if someone has to wait for such long time after paying extra $$.

thanks.