H4 to H1 - 6th year

rmzm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are in the 6th year and with the GC process going haywire, there is no hope that my wife will be able to work. what are the chances that she can convert to H1 ? We have employer ready to sponsor. Since this is a 6th year, will she have to go out of US for a year and then come back to US on H1 ? or she can just convert to H1 and start working. Our Labor cert. is still pending approval.

Thanks

Unless your wife has her own LC she will not get H1 after 6yrs in H4. Only option is go out of US one year and come back with new H1 , so that she can able to work atleast 6 years.

rmzm said:
Hi,

We are in the 6th year and with the GC process going haywire, there is no hope that my wife will be able to work. what are the chances that she can convert to H1 ? We have employer ready to sponsor. Since this is a 6th year, will she have to go out of US for a year and then come back to US on H1 ? or she can just convert to H1 and start working. Our Labor cert. is still pending approval.

Thanks

after 6th year of H1B

What are conditions to get the extension on H1B after 6 years,and what is the maximum extended duartion one can have on H1B. Any help would highly be appreciated

You can get an extension beyond 6 years if you have your labor filed for atleast 365 days. You get an extension on yearly basis and once I140 is approved you can get 3 years extension at a time.

Great guru, correct me if I am providing wrong info.