h4 to f1

jagruthi

hi,
I would like to change my visa from h4 to f1. My husband has applied for Green Card a year back & it is still in labour stage. My questions are
1)Will there be a conflict of interest if I apply for F1 ?

2)Is there a chance that f1 will be rejected becos we have applied for GC ?

3)Considering my circumstances,is it better to apply for f1 in US or go to India or another country?

4)In case my f1 is approved,will i have a problem to get GC when my husband gets his?

Pls advise. Thanks in advance

Help

We are in the same situation. Has anyone succeeded in changing visa from a valid H4 Visa (till Jan 05) to a F1 Visa in Canada or outside US?
If F1 gets denied can one come back on the previous H4 Visa?
Any comments will be much appreciated.

You can change your status without moving out of USA from H4 to F1 through INS :) . It will take 6-8months. You have to provide I 20, and financial support (Bank Statement for 3-6months) to prove your financial capability. Once your F1 is approved you can go to Canada or home county to stamp it in your passport for multiple entry(Which is optional, if you are not going out of USA no problem). :mad:

Getting F1 visa is difficult in your home country as for F1 visa non immigrant intent is must. As your hasbant in H1B , which is a dual intent VISA. So if you don't want to take any risk and want to travel your home country, you might be inviting trouble.