H4 to F1

hello01

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm currently on an H4 visa and got admission for MS for spring 06. I would like to convert my visa to F1. My husband is going for his 8th yr H1 extension. The GC process is in the initial stage and is in a backlog reduction center.

I've a couple of doubts:
1.What are the chances of getting the F1 approved (this is my 5th year in US on an H4 visa)?
2.I'm also going for H4 extension, as it is expiring in May 06. Should I wait till I get my H4 extended, before I go for the visa change to F1?
3.Can my husband be my sponsor?

Thanks in advance,
Hello01.

As long as you are in status you can change your status from h4 to F1. Do it early, it will helpful to get your own H1 for a year once you finish your study.
Your spouse may have to show finance to sponser you.

hello01 said:
Hi,

I'm currently on an H4 visa and got admission for MS for spring 06. I would like to convert my visa to F1. My husband is going for his 8th yr H1 extension. The GC process is in the initial stage and is in a backlog reduction center.

I've a couple of doubts:
1.What are the chances of getting the F1 approved (this is my 5th year in US on an H4 visa)?
2.I'm also going for H4 extension, as it is expiring in May 06. Should I wait till I get my H4 extended, before I go for the visa change to F1?
3.Can my husband be my sponsor?

Thanks in advance,
Hello01.

great guru said:
As long as you are in status you can change your status from h4 to F1. Do it early, it will helpful to get your own H1 for a year once you finish your study.
Your spouse may have to show finance to sponser you.

Hi Great guru,

Thanks for ur reply.
If I stay in F1 visa for one year won't my H visa period be reset?

Will the "intent to return" issue come up when I apply for a status change to F1?

Thanks,
Hello01

can LPN get F1 visa

some one pls advise me - if LPN (practical nurse) convert her h4 to h1 visa? or one has to be enrolled in RN program?

Pleeeeese help me!!