h4 stamping, which consulate?

ommoll

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am from northern India, so the consulate closest to me is the New Delhi Consulate. I am however currently residing in the US, and my in-laws family is in Chennai. Is it ok to go to Chennai consulate for h4 stamping or is it mandatory to go to delhi consulate?
(I do not have any visa stamping from Indian consulate, as my f1 stamp was obtained from Dubai).

Hi,
I am from northern India, so the consulate closest to me is the New Delhi Consulate.
-----------------you should go to US embassy New Delhi if you are from North india and your address in India is from North India.
I am however currently residing in the US, and my in-laws family is in Chennai. Is it ok to go to Chennai consulate for h4 stamping or is it mandatory to go to delhi consulate?
(I do not have any visa stamping from Indian consulate, as my f1 stamp was obtained from Dubai).

------------

Thanks Ginnu. But is it mandatory to go to new delhi consulate? Can I not go to chennai consulate if my in-laws are currently residing in delhi?

Go to VFS website, select appropriate options and follow the steps. You will be given a choice to choose the consulate when you select Indian citizen resident abroad.