H4 stamping - No surname in Passport***Pl. help!!!!!

cool.2k7

Registered Users (C)
i need to file for H4 visa. However the issues here are

a) My surname is empty and the given name in indian passport contains <first name><last name>. After marriage ideally my surname should have changed. However, as the surname is now empty and the given name contains the <last name>, given name row should change in passport. Has somebody faced this type of problem. How to tackle it. Pl. let me know soon.

b) Also do i need to change the surname after marriage in the passport/ the marriage certificate is enough.

c) Also, Is there any way by which we can tackle issue mentioned in pt a) using marriage certificate.

Regards,

i need to file for H4 visa. However the issues here are

a) My surname is empty and the given name in indian passport contains <first name><last name>. After marriage ideally my surname should have changed. However, as the surname is now empty and the given name contains the <last name>, given name row should change in passport. Has somebody faced this type of problem. How to tackle it. Pl. let me know soon.
--------------- If first name on Passport is HEMA and Last name is MALINI and after HEMA married to DHARMENDER SINGH DEOL then after marriage her passport info should be First name HEMA, Middle name: Dharmender and last name: Deol. Full name will be HEMA DHARMENDER SINGH DEOL.(That is how it will be in Maharashtra or Gujarat)

b) Also do i need to change the surname after marriage in the passport/ the marriage certificate is enough.
------------------ You can change the name on passport after marriage and you will need copy of marriage certificate and affidavit. Also on last page of new passport copy add the husband full name.
c) Also, Is there any way by which we can tackle issue mentioned in pt a) using marriage certificate.

------------Fill up Passport application, pay the fee and attach the documents. If still confused then you can visit passport office or can take the help from passport agent.
Regards,
It is always better to get new passport copy after marriage and change the info on the passport with last name/surname of husband so that husband and wife both have same surname.