H4 stamping in Chennai---Emergency!!!!!!!

visaholders

I am going to India and I have to get my H4 visa stamped. I do not know whether I need to fix up an interview with the consulate or whether I can just drop it in the drop box.

Please advise me regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

don't take chance..

Hi Visaholder,
I would suggest u to not take a chance and fall in the trap.
Don't ever think about getting ur H4 Stamped in Chennai. The best way is to get it stamped in US itself. But still due to certain reasons if u happen to get it done in Chennai then u beter get all ur xerox copies certified from Notary in US, and have all ur W2 Forms, Pay Stubs, Tax Returns of previous years of ur principal H1 holder. if u ahve any questions mail me with ur contact number at bscptc@yahoo.com
Good luck!!!!!!!

u have to b really lucky to get H4 stamped in Chennai without any problem..if u can stamp it in USA, do that (if possible in ur case)..

raj

Visaholders

Please go through the relevant sites before you post some message like "URGENT".
Good Luck.

H4 Gurus, Help me out..........

Hi gurus,
Here is my situation. I am thinking to get marry with my fiancée in December and apply for H4 visa at CHENNAI consulate in January. Since I came to USA, I am working in same company. I landed inUSA in October 2000. I have a valid H1B visa stamped till January 2006. Following is my complete earnings during my stay in USA.

1.Year 2000-Landed in October in USA. showed only one month salary in my W2 form out of 2 months 24days stay in 2000 year.

2.Year 2001- Because of project got scraped I was on bench for 3 months. During this year I earned only 75% of salary (9 pay checks) mentioned on LCA. My employer (Big Fucker) did not pay me on bench so I earned only 75% of salary mentioned in LCA during 2001.

3.Year 2002- This year was good for me and earned 100% of my salary(12 paychecks) mentioned on LCA.

4.Year 2003- I hope this year too good for me and I am quite sure by December I can earn 100% of my salary (12 paychecks) mentioned in LCA.

I am afraid what happens if I apply for H4 visa in CHENNAI for my wife in January 2004. Can you gurus please clarify me following doubts?

1. what you guys think about my situation?

2. will they reject or issue H4 visa to guy like me?

3. Are there any body in same boat and got successful at CHENNAI consulate?

Your help is appreciated. I am in total dilemma and could not able to plan anything. Please Help.....Help........Help................

Thanks……

Gc Pain..

I think you do not have any other chance then applying H4 for yours wife at Chennai.

So make sure you go through the list of docs need to be attached.
Prepare all the docs.This all depends on luck now a days.
But i hope yours wife will get H4 visa without any difficult.
The person who has 12 months pay slip for 5 years and getting
RFE for H1 revalidation or H4 extensions now a days.
Anything can happen.
Best of Luck.

Hi India 1972

Thanks for your information. how many years W2 s I need to submit while applying for H4 visa at chennai?

Gc Pain..

Submit what you have.Provide as much as documentation.Make sure submit copies only. Keep originals with you.

GCPain I am guessing since you have been in the US for 4 years you are already well into your greencard process. If you have doubts about getting h4 for your spouse and as you fear her h4 does get rejected then switch your GC Process to consular processing and include your spouse as part of the process and you will get her into US as a permanent resident anyway. goodluck to u.

When asked for additional paper work, Is it possible to go to other US consulate's like calcutta etc., where there may not be lot of people ? Anybody tried it ?

Also, the consulate is typically asking for 3 yrs W2's in most cases and are comparing it with exact pay from paystub and LCA, so if there's a difference, it's violation of labor laws and you would be in trouble.

Hi Anand72, India1972/anu gurus.........

Guys,
I wonder are there any other option bringing my wife without H4 visa in the following circumstances?

1. If my I140/I485 is already applied and married after 4 months, can my wife in India is eligible for Advance payrole and can enter US without going to Chennai US consolate?

2. if my I140/I485 concurrently applied, are there any other good advantages to bring my wife from India?

Please advice me. I will appreciate your help. Thanks..............

Hi Gurus!

Guys,
I wonder are there any other option bringing my wife without H4 visa in the following circumstances?

1. If my I140/I485 is already applied and married after 4 months, can my wife in India is eligible for Advance payrole and can enter US without going to Chennai US consolate?

2. if my I140/I485 concurrently applied, are there any other good advantages to bring my wife from India?

Please advice me. I will appreciate your help. Thanks..............

Related to H1 and H4 query (status problem)

Hi Guys,

My wife's visa was rejected and I got a query to prove my status becoz of difference between w2 against LCA .

Question:
If I applied for a new Visa thru the same company or thru some other company and get it stamped. Will it resolve the problem?

Becoz someone said If you are out of status you have to get your Visa stamped once again and that resolves the status problem. Is that right?

Please advice me. Thanks..............

Re: Related to H1 and H4 query (status problem)

how did you got a query ? do you get a letter from BCIS or it is in the same refused letter sent for your wife ?

Originally posted by venkats
Hi Guys,

My wife's visa was rejected and I got a query to prove my status becoz of difference between w2 against LCA .

Question:
If I applied for a new Visa thru the same company or thru some other company and get it stamped. Will it resolve the problem?

Becoz someone said If you are out of status you have to get your Visa stamped once again and that resolves the status problem. Is that right?

Please advice me. Thanks..............

Thanks kkprasadh.

I am sorry, it is not a query still but it is in the refused letter from Chennai Consulate, Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU) which raised this question and gave the rejection letter.

Is there any possibility? Please advise me!

Hi Venkats

You said your wife visa rejected because of difference between W2 against LCA.
1.How much difference was there with your LCA?
2.How many years w2s has the problem?
3.Actually how many years w2s you submited?
4.How long you are in USA?
Can you please let me know? As I too in the same boat and consulting attorney regarding my issue. Same time I will get some useful information regarding your issue too. Let me know as early as possible. Thanks..........

FYI Gc pain......

Thanks Gc pain. I really appreciate your kind help.

1.How much difference was there with your LCA?
---- I had around 17,500 instead of 40k.

2.How many years w2s has the problem?
---- Just for year 2001 w2.

3.Actually how many years w2s you submited?
---- 2001, 2002...

4.How long you are in USA?
---- From Nov 2000, but i got a project only by Feb2001 so no w2 for 2000. And in 2002 also I was out of country in India becoz of personal reasons for 6 months (I think it is not a problem) but other than I worked for rest of 6 months. For this year from Jan I am in a project.

I really appreciate your kind help once again and please let me know what I can do. Thanks......

gcpain as far as I know if you have applied for I485 and your spouse is included as part of your application then she should be eligible to enter the USA without a visa as long as she took advance parole before leaving the US. I am not sure why you need an h4 or any visa if you have already taken your EAD as part of your I485 and your wife has used advanced parole while travelling.

Hi Anand72........

Thanks for your nice information. I am not married now. I am going to get marry in December. By any way my EAD/AP is going to help for my wife who is going to come first time to USA. Is there any way I can apply AP for her (even she is in India and never came to USA before.). I appreciate your help. Thanks.........