H4 Stamping (for Spouse) Question (Do I need H1 stamping from St.Louis?)

ganga9

Registered Users (C)
HI Folks,
I request your help!!!!!

I received my AP papers and the copy of the H1B approval notice (Valid till
--/--). Can you please let me know if there is going to be any problem getting H4 visa for spouse without H1 stamping on my passport?

My plan is to NOT get the ST.Louis Dept of State stamping for Visa based on
H1. I am going to India during May wih EAD/AP papers, get married and get H4 stamping for Spouse at the US Consulate in India.

Do I need to get H1B stamping for self at that time?

Would it be sufficient to hold AP papers along with form 797 while going in
& out of US and NOT have H1B visa stamp?

This should be okay, Right? Please clarify.

H1 stamp might be required...

In a discussion with one of the lawyers, the chennai consulate people have said that H1 stamp is required in this situation. You can however get both H1 and H4 stamp at the same time. Will take same amount of time and documentation.

Getting the H1 stamp will not invalidate your AP. You can leave US with AP or unstamped H1 .
After getting the H1 stamp you should use H1 to enter because your spouse may not be allowed in H4 then. (To avoid hassle, not because that is the only legal status you can have)

Gang9 -- I had the same plans ---- but my revalidation was refused

Gang9 -- I had the same plans ---- but my revalidation was refused in St. Louis for "not being clearly approvable at this time" -- whatever that means. All the criteria for revalidation was satisfied in my case but I can\'t figure out why it was refused. The refusal letter suggested to get the stamp from outside US consulate. Now I am waiting for AP but I think having an immigration based petition pending has something got to do with issuing a non-immigration based VISA.
If the VISA is refused from outside US consulate then I wonder "visa refused" stamp would cause any problem at POE while entering with AP.

Does anybody have simillar experience?

H4 Stamping issues bcoz of company name change

Hi,
  The company for which I am working had changed its name a year ago. I still have
the old name stamped on my passport also I have the Valid Visa for the Old name. Since my
renewal date has not yet come up I had not got the visa with the New Name.
Currently I am planning to go to India for my marriage. I have a feeling that When I go to
Consulate for H4 stamping will it be a problem if I have my H1 stating the old name, but the
letter from my company on the new name letter head and also my pay stubs showing the new Name.

I dont have enough time to apply for the name change on my Visa. Could some body who has good
knowledge on this subject enlighten me of the way to tackle this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance

H4 stamping issue in case of company name change?

Hi,
  The company for which I am working had changed its name a year ago. I still have
the old name stamped on my passport also I have the Valid Visa for the Old name. Since my
renewal date has not yet come up I had not got the visa with the New Name.
Currently I am planning to go to India for my marriage. I have a feeling that When I go to
Consulate for H4 stamping will it be a problem if I have my H1 stating the old name, but the
letter from my company on the new name letter head and also my pay stubs showing the new Name.

I dont have enough time to apply for the name change on my Visa. Could some body who has good
knowledge on this subject enlighten me of the way to tackle this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance