H4 RFE Need help.

try_luck

Registered Users (C)
My wife got RFE for H4.

Here is situation.

My company applied for my 7th year extension, but they didn't applied for my wife's H4 extension at that time. After somedays when I inquired with them I came to know the did not applied for H4 extension. So I have applied for H4 extension, that time I did not had H1b filling receipt so did not attach any H1b documents.
Now INS genereted RFE asking for H1b approval notice. Here is text in RFE.

“Please submit a copy of the approval notice (Form I-797) for the most recent I-129 petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker ( I-129) filed on behalf of your spouse or parent.”

But my H1b application is not yet approved. And RFE reply date is very close. So now what should I do?

Reply RFE with H1b receipt Notice?

Any idea or suggestion will be really helpful to me.

Thanks ain Advance.

Try_luck

try_luck said:
My wife got RFE for H4.

Here is situation.

My company applied for my 7th year extension, but they didn't applied for my wife's H4 extension at that time. After somedays when I inquired with them I came to know the did not applied for H4 extension. So I have applied for H4 extension, that time I did not had H1b filling receipt so did not attach any H1b documents.
Now INS genereted RFE asking for H1b approval notice. Here is text in RFE.

“Please submit a copy of the approval notice (Form I-797) for the most recent I-129 petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker ( I-129) filed on behalf of your spouse or parent.”

But my H1b application is not yet approved. And RFE reply date is very close. So now what should I do?

Reply RFE with H1b receipt Notice?

Any idea or suggestion will be really helpful to me.

Thanks ain Advance.

Try_luck
Yes, reply RFE with receipt notice.

How you replied?

@try_luck

I got the same issue with H4 RFE, while H1 extn still pending.
Please let me know how you replied, what you sent with RFE.

Details:
I recently applied for my 7th year's H1B extension on 13th July 2010 based on my I 140 approval and period requested for H1B extension was till 30th September 2013 (3 years). However My Case still Pending with Vermont service center.

Meanwhile, before my H1B approval I applied H4 extension(separately) for my spouse with my H1B Receipt Notice and requested for H4 extension till 30th September 2013 While mentioning My Pending H1 Extention

receipt Number in I539 form. We recently received an RFE , asking that to submit the proof my H1B approval.

In this regard, I dont know how to proceed and answer USCIS's RFE. Can you please help in this regard.

Thanks