H4 revalidation without valid H1 visa pls pls help

yganreddy

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a valid H1 (I-797, I-94) till 2009, but my H1 Visa on my passport has expired in Mar 2005. My wife has a valid H4 till 2009; similarly her H4 visa on her passport got expired, we haven’t traveled outside of US from then. Now she is planning to go to India in Feb 1st week because of some family urgency and she is planning to take an appointment for H4 visa stamping in Chennai consulate (India). My question is, is there going to be any problem for her stamping as my Visa on my passport has been expired even though I have a valid H1 I-797 till 2009?. Is there any rule which states primary applicant has to have valid visa on his/her passport for H4 stamping.

I am in a very tense situation. Please reply and help me. If any one of you had a similar situation please share your experiece, it will be very helpful.

Thank you very much for all your help

yganreddy said:
Hello All,

I have a valid H1 (I-797, I-94) till 2009, but my H1 Visa on my passport has expired in Mar 2005.
My wife has a valid H4 till 2009; similarly her H4 visa on her passport got expired, we haven’t traveled outside of US from then.
Now she is planning to go to India in Feb 1st week because of some family urgency and she is planning to take an appointment for H4 visa stamping in Chennai consulate (India).
My question is, is there going to be any problem for her stamping as my Visa on my passport has been expired even though I have a valid H1 I-797 till 2009?. Is there any rule which states primary applicant has to have valid visa on his/her passport for H4 stamping.
---------------no such rule, you need to be on H1 status so that she can get H4 visa stamp. you are on H1 and provide her your documents.

I am in a very tense situation.
-why tense? it is normal.
Please reply and help me. If any one of you had a similar situation please share your experiece, it will be very helpful.
-----others will post or search the threds
Thank you very much for all your help

Thank you

Thank you Ginnu for your reply. It gave me some relief after I read "Its quite Normal". I am sending her with all the documents posted on chennai consulate. I will definetly post my experience. I will look forward for posts with similar experience.

Thank you

Hi

I have inquired with my friends regarding this process. One of my friend's wife got VISA even though my friend h1 visa on passport has expired. They asked simple questions like, where do you live and where he works. My friend said you need to send with proper documentation which was specified in the consulate web site. He said to send as much information you have.

"Thy all told me to take appointment at delhi consulate as soon as I reach Delhi" -- I think you can take the appointment from US itself. I have taken the appointment from US. there is no need to take appointment only after you go to delhi.

Lets gather the information as much as possible.

Thank you

arvee said:
Hello,Your case is ver same like me.I am on H4 visa and my husband visa and mine visa on passport expired last march.He too is having valid H1)I-797,I-94).I am also planning to go India in 3rd week of Feb.As far what i have inquired from my friend and other resourses they told me its not going to be a problem.Thy all told me to take appointment at delhi consulate as soon as I reach Delhi.I am also very nervous tht wht all questions thy'll be asking me.Wht you have decided till now??and had you gathered some more information regarding this matter.Plz reply me as your wife and me are travelling in a same boat.

Hi

Hi All,

I just want to update the status of my wife H4 visa. My wife got VISA today from chennai consulate. She has taken all the documents which are mentioned in chennai consulate. At the first counter they asked for Passport, H1B complete set, husband passport, DS 156 and DS 157.

After waiting for 5 mints VO called her. Here is the interview process.

W:- Good morning
VO:- Good morning, how are you
W- fine thank you
VO:-Is your husband still working with same company
W: Yes
VO:- Can you show me the Pay slips?
W: she showed one year of pay stubs
VO:- Where do u stay?
W: XXX city- XX state
VO:- you will get your visa through courier service
W: Thank you

He didnt asked any other documents. Thank you for all your help.

Best Regards

list of documents

Hi yganreddy,

I am in a similar situation and am going for my stamping. Do I need
to carry my husbands passport or copy of the passport? Right now I
am planning to carry a copy of his entire passport. Also could you please
list all the documents your wife carried with her for stamping?

I really appreciate your response.

Thanks.

List of documents

Hi,
Below are the list of documents she carried,

1) copy of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
2) copy of Form I-129 , LCA of the Principal Applicant
3) H1 holder's employment verification letter
4) 6 months Pay stubs from principal applicant's current place of work
5) all years w2's and income tax returns
6) Complete 36 pages copy of your principal H1's passport.
7) original marriage certificate.
8) form DS-156
9) form DS-157
10) Bank statements.
11) interview appointment letter
12) Education certificates
13) Original wedding invitation and wedding photos
14) DD'S from HDFC bank(write name and passport number and date of appoitment on the back side of DD's)
15) 2- 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with white or off-white background.
(write name and passport number and date of appoitment on the back side)
16) Wife passport
17) primary applicant (h1b holder) complete education and experience certificates

Let me know if you need any more info. All the best.

Thanks