H4 Questions

srp10

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Getting married soon and need some help with the following questions.

- I am from Poona, my H1 visa was issued by the Mumbai consulate. She's been in Hyderabad for the last few years, but was living in Mumbai/Poona before that and has a passport issued from Mumbai. Now, do I apply for her H4 visa at the Mumbai consulate or at the Chennai consulate? The marriage will be in Poona btw, so Chennai will be a pain...

I was looking at the Visa Facilitation Services site and looks like the answer is Chennai, but wanted a confirmation, from anyone who knows better.

- H4 visas, can you use the drop box or do you have to go for the interview? Interviews, can I get the appointment for a post-marriage date right now w/o a marriage certificate?

Thx in advance for any help :)
-s

No it should be Mumbai, since the address in passport is mumbai. Please provide the link to the visa facilitation site.

Yes generally it is drop box. They had a brief period when every first timer was interviewed, I think they are back to drop box now.

yes you can schedule a post-marrige appointment before marriage.

Congrats, Im getting married in Poona too

Would be great if you could post your experience. I will be getting married in Poona too this december. Let me know how it goes. Would definitely help.
Thanks.