H4 Question Please Help

gvnsk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My would be wife will be going for H4 visa on June 2nd 2005 to Chennai Consulate. I have a question regarding the bank statement/letter from the bank. Should there be atleast 10000$ for her to get H4 visa. Someone injected this doubt in my mind and I am really worried about it. Is there any specific amount we need to show? Please help.

Thanks
GvNSK

gvnsk said:
Hi,
My would be wife will be going for H4 visa on June 2nd 2005 to Chennai Consulate. I have a question regarding the bank statement/letter from the bank. Should there be atleast 10000$ for her to get H4 visa. Someone injected this doubt in my mind and I am really worried about it. Is there any specific amount we need to show? Please help.

Thanks
GvNSK

Your annual salary should be above poverty line for family of 2 if you do not have children.

$10,000 liquid cahs is too high to keep.

Thanks Guru for the information, I think my salary is sufficient then. I was under the assumption that we need to show some liquid cash, assets etc for getting the H4 visa for my wife. So bank balance does not come into picture Right??

gvnsk said:
Thanks Guru for the information, I think my salary is sufficient then. I was under the assumption that we need to show some liquid cash, assets etc for getting the H4 visa for my wife. So bank balance does not come into picture Right??

Having some money with the bank and the statement will help some time Counsel to come to a fair judgement. This is only optional.

But your paystub/ w2 is mandatary to prove you have sufficient earning to support your spouse.