h4 invalid when green card approved

gcbeg

Registered Users (C)
is it true that while you're outside US and you are using your H4 visa, and the green card was approved in the US, will the H4 visa become INVALID?? and means you cannot use it when you go back to US?? it's confusing!

is it true that while you're outside US and you are using your H4 visa, and the green card was approved in the US, will the H4 visa become INVALID??
---------------if I-485 is approved or GC is approved H4 is not valid
and means you cannot use it when you go back to US?? it's confusing!
----------------if you have got GC then use GC to enter US, if you dont have GC then you can come to US and at POE officer will know that your I-485 is approved and will admit you.

-------------------

is it true that while you're outside US and you are using your H4 visa, and the green card was approved in the US, will the H4 visa become INVALID?? and means you cannot use it when you go back to US?? it's confusing!

You can enter with H4. If you do not have H (L) or AP you cannot enter US.

No your H4 is no longer valid, it is the law, the minute the green card was approved you are now in PR status and no longer in H4 status. If you try to enter on your H4 when they swipe the machine they will see that you are no longer in H4 status and this will cause you problems. They can then just refuse you permission to enter there and then. If you can, get the Green Card Fedexed to you and then enter on that. The 7 months out of the country might be an issue, but the best person to talk too on that would be a lawyer.

I hope you maintained a permanent residence in the US for the past 7 month otherwise you have lost your GC.