H4 & H1B stamping related issues

atmani

Registered Users (C)
H4 & H1 stamping related issues:

The stamping on my H1B visa in passport is expired on 01 NOV 2001 ( > 1 year). The same is the status for my wife and son with H4 visa. Our visa is extended through the same 'A' company and we have all papers for H1B and H4 petition(I-797 & I-94). Now I changed my job through 'B' company and expecting the new H1B visa. I am here in USA and my wife is went to INDIA now and needs to do stamping for her & my son in passport before coming here.

This is my question:

1. To get my wife's H4 visa stamping in Passport in India, do I need to get stamped first?. If not, what are the documents to be produced in US consulate, INDIA for my dependant's stamping?.

2. Can I get stamped in INDIA when I go there in future?. And can you please tell me is there any time period before which I should get stamped with new H1B visa?

If you could help me with your suggestions/advice, mostly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
A. MANI

1. No need to get the h1 stamp before getting H4. A H4 extension/transfer approval will be helpful, but not necessary. Of course, Visa officers rule over their own kingdom and nobody can predict what they can demand for.
2. Yes. Until expiry of H1.

Re: H4 & H1 stamping related issues

Hello Jaxen:

Actually my new employer- 'B' is not filed for H4 visa transfer for my dependants (wife and son). They are in India now and I'm in USA.

1. They have extension for H4 visa I-797 from my previous employer-'A'. In this case, is it neccessary to do H4 stamping in India for my dependants.

2. If stamping is must, can they do with a copy/fax copy of my I-797 & current employnment proof & all other neccessary documents.

Thanks in advance to Jaxen
A. MANI

Question for Jaxen et al

For H1 revalidation, the state dept website indicates photographs of size 1.5''x1.5". Most passport size photographs, if not all, taken in the US come 2"x2". I've heard people tell me that you can send the std 2"x2" without problems in the US, as they rescan for the 1.5''x1.5" that gets placed on the visa. The questions are as follows:

1. Do you send the application with the std 2"x2"?
2. Do you send the application with a "recut 1.5"x1.5" " from the original 2"x2"?
3. Do you send the application with a std 1.5"x1.5" (Do you know of places that take a 1.5"x1.5") ?

Thanks a bunch guys!!
tapori

tapori - no problems

i had the same doubt, and i couldn't get
any photo place to take 1.5x1.5 photo.

then i took standard 'passport photo (polaroid)' 2x2
(from Walgreens!) and sent it to DOS, Washington

Got PP with new stamp without any problems.

Go ahead and good luck,
- deepbob