H4-H1 In Mexico

irrational

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My wife is on H-4 arrived into US in Jan '06. We have applied for H-1 in April '06. We are due to recieve it sometime in October.

We want to go to Mexico for stamping in December '06. Is this advisable since there would be only 3-4 paystubs. What are our alternatives ?

Secondary question is: I am looking at booking the dates in Mexico and I think the dates are not open in Matamoros. Is there any timeframe in which they open for a particular week/month.

Is it better to use the phone service than the website as they might have access to something we don't have

Please let me know.

Thank You

Kind Regards
Bipin Velkur

irrational said:
Hi all,
My wife is on H-4 arrived into US in Jan '06. We have applied for H-1 in April '06. We are due to recieve it sometime in October.
------------------- what do you mean by We have applied for H-1 in April '06. did the employer file H1 extension in April 06? it seems you have been on H1 before april 06 and you wife came on H4 in Jan? why not to post full details of your case and wife. why use the word "WE"
We want to go to Mexico for stamping in December '06. Is this advisable since there would be only 3-4 paystubs. What are our alternatives ?
------------need the full case details

More details

I am on a H-1B on my 5th year with a valid stamp till June '07.

My Wife has a valid H-4. She has applied for a H-1B in April '06. Her I-797 is going to come sometime in october.

She is planning to apply for Visa in Mexico in December. Is this ok since she''ll have only 3-4 paystubs.

I believe this makes things a little clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

-Bipin

irrational said:
I am on a H-1B on my 5th year with a valid stamp till June '07.

My Wife has a valid H-4. She has applied for a H-1B in April '06. Her I-797 is going to come sometime in october.

She is planning to apply for Visa in Mexico in December. Is this ok since she''ll have only 3-4 paystubs.

I believe this makes things a little clearer. Sorry for the confusion.

-Bipin

That is one dumb question. One will have only the number of pay stubs issued to them at every pay period from the date they start work from the date of approval. Would a consulate expect one to manufacture more stubs. Dah!

@reply

Sorry I guess I was not clear enough.
Does anyone know if she should wait a little longer before applying or are the 3-4 paystubs enough?

She did her B.E in India, will this pose a problem since we are applying so early after her I-797 approval?

-Bipin

Last edited by a moderator:
irrational said:
Sorry I guess I was not clear enough.
Does anyone know if she should wait a little longer before applying or are the 3-4 paystubs enough?

She did her B.E in India, will this pose a problem since we are applying so early after her I-797 approval?

-Bipin
you wife came on H4 status and employer filed her H1. you did not provide info if her H1 was filed Change of status from H4 to H1. if her H4 was filed H4 to H1 COS then she will get H1 approval notice with I-94 attached and she dont need H1 visa stamp to work in US but if she goes out of US then she needs H1 visa stamp to enter on H1 status.
if she wants to get visa stamp why not to work with valid I-94 on H1 and then get visa stamp from Mexico/canada after 1 pay stub or 3 paystub (pay stub 1,2,3 4 are not important she need to be paid according to LCA wages
if her H1 approval has no I-94 attached then she need to go out get H1 visa stamp and need to enter on H1 status to work on H1

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. Her H-1 is COS. My concern was since she did her B.E in India and she would have just 3 months of experience would that cause a problem?.

I heard somewhere that if your degree is not US then the consulate will send you to India since they cannot verify the foriegn degree. How far is this true.

Again, thank you guys for your replies.

-Bipin

irrational said:
Thank you for your reply. Her H-1 is COS. My concern was since she did her B.E in India and she would have just 3 months of experience would that cause a problem?.
I heard somewhere that if your degree is not US then the consulate will send you to India since they cannot verify the foriegn degree. How far is this true.
-------------------many are getting visa from canada /mexico in your wife situation.

Again, thank you guys for your replies.

-Bipin

How did your wife's visa intvw go

My wife is also in the same situation as yours. Did you make an apptmt with the consulate either in mexico or canada .