H4 for one year Kid - Pls give Advice or suggestions

kishuibm

Registered Users (C)
HI All,
H4 for one year Kid
I need member’s advice and suggestion

My Kid is one year old by SEP 22 -04. She is back in India .She is born on SEP 22 -03.
After 5 Months of my kid born my wife came to USA and she was staying with me and me and my wife Visa revalidations are done at St.louis.
Now we took an appointment at Chennai Consulate for my Kid visa on SEP-10- 04.
I have all the Documents like W2s and LCA and Pay slips of last Year. Every thing is perfectly documented. But as I am attending the Interview At the consulate for my kid visa along with my wife I have few Questions
1) Can my Wife accompany me to enter consulate??
2) What if Consular officer ask me or my wife...saying that
Why did you left your kid in India and left to USA... (This is question is bothering me)
I need your advice and suggestion how to answer these Questions... Please

kishuibm said:
HI All,
H4 for one year Kid

My Kid is one year old by SEP 22 -04. She is back in India .She is born on SEP 22 -03.
After 5 Months of my kid born my wife came to USA and she was staying with me and me and my wife Visa revalidations are done at St.louis.
I have all the Documents like W2s and LCA and Pay slips of last Year. Every thing is perfectly documented. But as I am attending the Interview At the consulate for my kid visa along with my wife I have few Questions
----- go to onsulate with your wife I hope they will allow her or send email to consulate call up and ask the consulate
Why did you left your kid in India and left to USA... (This is question is bothering me)
----- 99% they are going to ask this question becase monther left the child in India when child was only 5 months old, it may create daubt in Visa officers mind that the kid realy belong to you. have evidence of everything and explain the situation why your wife left the kis in India when child was only 5 months old or they may think that child dont belong to you
I need your advice and suggestion how to answer these Questions...
---- I think you or your wife knows the answer
Please

kishuibm said:
HI All,
H4 for one year Kid

I need your advice and suggestion how to answer these Questions... Please
Yeah -this sounds funky .... I mean leaving the kid at only 5 months.

Was there a really important reason why your wife did that ?
You better make sure to prepare all documents supporting such a reason. It's gonna be difficult as you'll have to come up with something that was so important to your wife and at the same time something that would've prevented you from taking the kid -- sounds complicated (maybe even impossible).

Check with an attorney -- maybe they can come up with something convincing.

The thing is I am going to face the Consulate officer .. not my wife .. and he is not going to know that my wife came to usa leaving the kid at 5 months ..All that he is gonig to ask me everything ..
Is there any way he is going to ask my wife too ???
I have the full fledged documentation though.
I just need what the Convincing explanation would be //
your ideas and thoughts are great help to me

max2k1 said:
Yeah -this sounds funky .... I mean leaving the kid at only 5 months.

Was there a really important reason why your wife did that ?
You better make sure to prepare all documents supporting such a reason. It's gonna be difficult as you'll have to come up with something that was so important to your wife and at the same time something that would've prevented you from taking the kid -- sounds complicated (maybe even impossible).

Check with an attorney -- maybe they can come up with something convincing.

kishuibm said:
The thing is I am going to face the Consulate officer .. not my wife
---- They can call your wife and ask her the reasons
.. and he is not going to know that my wife came to usa leaving the kid at 5 months
----They know evrything about you and your wife, do you think they dont have USCIS Computer before them? they will just punch your name DOB and your wife name DOB and have all the info when your wife came to US and when she or you exit the US
..All that he is gonig to ask me everything ..
---- are you sure that he is going to ask you only what you think??
Is there any way he is going to ask my wife too ???
----- yes
I have the full fledged documentation though.
-then why worry
I just need what the Convincing explanation would be //

----- you and your wife know the answer why she did left the infant in india, the visa officer is going suspect a fruad and will think that the child dont belong to you or your wife and you are submitting forged documents of child birth to your wife becase how could a mother left the infant in India and flew to US alone and they know in south India people submitted fake degree cerificates, exp letters but now they have fraud detiction unit. consulate officer may also think that you have filed GC and want to bring child on H4 so that he can get GC through you and you may have charged money from your relative to get GC to child. this is wild imagination and Visa officer can think anything or suspect anything. He can also ask for DNA report.

your ideas and thoughts are great help to me

Last edited by a moderator:
in my case, my child ( five years ) had already visa, but it was expired, the consulate has refused the visa for five times for revalidation of the visa. Out of these five time four times my wife attended the consualte. The consulate throughly asked about everything. And asked the questions like why the kid was in inida, why we did not take him, with whom he has stayed , the relation of the person, why we want to take him now.And big difficult aspect now is they revised the 221(g) form,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chennai_consulate/files/, they can ask any thing out of this.
U never know that they ask. but i had horrible expereince for seven months, and i regretted my dicision to leave my child in india, ( inspite of having visa ) .
but in your case i dont see such kind of problem. I would suggest both of you go to consulate and face the officer, have an convincing answer ( unfortunately i cannot imagine any answer other than your health grounds ), and document everthing. and what ever officer ask dont say the word NO, once that word is out of mouth u r struck with 221 (g). and take the photographs of your child along with your wife. If u have any pictures in the hosptial where the baby is born. that would help.
All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Prabca
Can you give me your number in my email "nandureddy@yahoo.com
I will give a call and talk to you ..
Here .I am going to face the interview .. (Not my wife) .But she will be with me .. I am not sending my wife alone for the interview ..then that case he will ask me questions because the i am the original petitioner Right ..
and i talked to lawer and i have full fleged documentation.
But in any case .. as your already experienced .. can i talk to you about this

thanks
Kishore

prabca said:
in my case, my child ( five years ) had already visa, but it was expired, the consulate has refused the visa for five times for revalidation of the visa. Out of these five time four times my wife attended the consualte. The consulate throughly asked about everything. And asked the questions like why the kid was in inida, why we did not take him, with whom he has stayed , the relation of the person, why we want to take him now.And big difficult aspect now is they revised the 221(g) form,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chennai_consulate/files/, they can ask any thing out of this.
U never know that they ask. but i had horrible expereince for seven months, and i regretted my dicision to leave my child in india, ( inspite of having visa ) .
but in your case i dont see such kind of problem. I would suggest both of you go to consulate and face the officer, have an convincing answer ( unfortunately i cannot imagine any answer other than your health grounds ), and document everthing. and what ever officer ask dont say the word NO, once that word is out of mouth u r struck with 221 (g). and take the photographs of your child along with your wife. If u have any pictures in the hosptial where the baby is born. that would help.
All the best

kishuibm said:
HI Prabca
Can you give me your number in my email "nandureddy@yahoo.com
I will give a call and talk to you ..
Here .I am going to face the interview .. (Not my wife) .But she will be with me .. I am not sending my wife alone for the interview ..then that case he will ask me questions because the i am the original petitioner Right ..
and i talked to lawer and i have full fleged documentation.
But in any case .. as your already experienced .. can i talk to you about this

thanks
Kishore
I thought someone else answered this for you ....
It doesn't matter if you are present with your wife or not.
The consular officer can direct ALL questions at your wife ( about this kid issue) and basically ask you nothing and tell you to not speak at all.

There is really no guarantee that since you are present, your wife won't be asked anything.
If I were the officer, I would ask majority of the questions to the wife since it concerns the kid.

Clear now ?

OK my wife will answer all the questions ,
BTW we got all the doctor reports and scanning reports and cd of the delivary and when she was in hospital and photos and other stuff( if they doubt on mother )

max2k1 said:
I thought someone else answered this for you ....
It doesn't matter if you are present with your wife or not.
The consular officer can direct ALL questions at your wife ( about this kid issue) and basically ask you nothing and tell you to not speak at all.

There is really no guarantee that since you are present, your wife won't be asked anything.
If I were the officer, I would ask majority of the questions to the wife since it concerns the kid.

Clear now ?

kishuibm said:
OK my wife will answer all the questions ,
BTW we got all the doctor reports and scanning reports and cd of the delivary and when she was in hospital and photos and other stuff( if they doubt on mother )
Am not saying all questions WILL go to your wife.
All I'm saying is the officer can chose to ask any question to either (or) even both of you.

That's all - be prepared :)

Somehow come up with a story that's convincing enough.

kishuibm said:
@@@
I got my kid visa very easily..
Thanks for supporting everyone on this issue..

~Kishu

Can you let us know how was ur experience at chennai consulate.
Will be of help to others in the same situation.

Reached Consulate at 8.15.
My interview timings are 8.30-8.45
H4 is required for my kid only
me and my wife and kid reached Consualte
Security people told me that any one person .. either me or my wife can take the kid and go inside .. not all
so i choose my wife to go in.
we have every document in hand
like all w2s,pay slips from the last one year and telephoen bills ,electricity bills and lease letter of the house, you name it we have them ..
But all consualte asked documents we kept in a file and other supported documents we carried in another file
Looks like ours is the first inteview in the morning
Consulate officer seems to be very kind
he asked only 6 Questions
1) who is kishore >> she said he is my husband and father of the kid
2)where is he working>> she said my company name
3)how long he is been working for the company>> she said i have been working for this company from last 2 years
4)How old is the kid >> 11 and half months
5)Where is kishore right now >> she said .. he is outside of the consulate right now as mother i took the girl and came in
6)When you are taking the kid to usa>> she said after gettting the visa .

Thats all ..
he asked my wife to go to the counter number 1 and pay the fees

we received the visa stamped passport after 3 days.