H4>F1>OPT>F1>H1- Need Advice ---Visa Stamp???

freedom2009

Here is my case- I entered the USA on H4. 4 yrs later I changed my status from H4 to F1and joined MBA from a US university. Then while on OPT, I applied for H1 (yr 2008), and the H1 got denied. After receiving denial, I joined a college and got the I-20. This year again I filed for H1 and received the approval. Now I have several questions and doubts-

1. Stamping- The latest stamp I have is of H4, as I never left the USA to get the F1 stamp. Now I am planning to go for H1 stamping to Canada. I need the advice if my history of changing statuses would pose any hindrance. FYI, I am permanent resident of Canada.

2. Documents- Since I am a consultant, what documents would be necessary for the stamping? Do I need a client letter to prove that I have a Project in hand? Any contracts b/w vendors and the clients etc etc…

3. Entry in the USA after Stamp- How soon can I enter in the USA before Oct 1st after the stamp is done?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

zz
Here is my case- I entered the USA on H4. 4 yrs later I changed my status from H4 to F1and joined MBA from a US university. Then while on OPT, I applied for H1 (yr 2008), and the H1 got denied. After receiving denial, I joined a college and got the I-20. This year again I filed for H1 and received the approval. Now I have several questions and doubts-

1. Stamping- The latest stamp I have is of H4, as I never left the USA to get the F1 stamp. Now I am planning to go for H1 stamping to Canada. I need the advice if my history of changing statuses would pose any hindrance. FYI, I am permanent resident of Canada.

Consulate is looking for any of your out of status while you are in US. Keep all the petition approvl copies along with I 94 to support no out of status.

2. Documents- Since I am a consultant, what documents would be necessary for the stamping? Do I need a client letter to prove that I have a Project in hand? Any contracts b/w vendors and the clients etc etc…
YES , YES you need to keep everything to prove your sponser company is genuine and your work is real.

3. Entry in the USA after Stamp- How soon can I enter in the USA before Oct 1st after the stamp is done?
After stamping you need to enter ASAP, probably not more than 90 days. If you delay port of entry will ask you sponser about your job situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

AFAIK US consulates in Canada do not do stamping for COS cases. You may be asked to go to home country. So be prepare to fly to home country directly from Canada or simply go to home country directly.

He is a Permanent resident of CANADA.

AFAIK US consulates in Canada do not do stamping for COS cases. You may be asked to go to home country. So be prepare to fly to home country directly from Canada or simply go to home country directly.